From: Ricky Hunt on
"polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in message

> Thanks Ricky.
> Hey, I tried that first link in Windows, but nuthin' happens. Just a
> flashlight looking indefinitely :)
> How do I do this in plain old windows?

It's my ISP where I upload my webpages but it's the root directory so it
should work. Just try this:

ftp.microsoft.com

You don't have to type in the "ftp://" before if the address starts with
ftp. It will fill it in for you.

From: Ricky Hunt on
"Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Poly, did you type that command into the IE (Internet Explorer) URL
> address line? That's where it needs to go. If you want to do it from
> "Windows Explorer" (not browser) you might need to enable the option
> (semantics vary with IE flavor) "enable FTP folder view" in the IE
> advanced options tab.
>
> Just checked, ftp://upload.mchsi.com doesn't seem to be responding at the
> moment.
>
> Try this one in IE instead :-p
> ftp://smartftp.com/

Yes. I put IE in the other post but probably should have typed out Internet
Explorer. All the regular Window's commands work in FTP in IE. You can cut
and paste. Drag and files to and from other Windows (if you want to transfer
lots of files).

From: polymod on

"Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Poly, did you type that command into the IE (Internet Explorer) URL
address
> line? That's where it needs to go. If you want to do it from "Windows
> Explorer" (not browser) you might need to enable the option (semantics
vary
> with IE flavor) "enable FTP folder view" in the IE advanced options tab.

Yes, Sue I typed the cammand into the IE URL address line. As you found out
it wasn't responding..

> Just checked, ftp://upload.mchsi.com doesn't seem to be responding at the
> moment.
>
> Try this one in IE instead :-p
> ftp://smartftp.com/

Yep, I'm able to get through to that. I just have to figure out how to
navigate to my files. There will be time later today I hope :-)

Poly

From: polymod on

"Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Poly, did you type that command into the IE (Internet Explorer) URL
address
> line? That's where it needs to go. If you want to do it from "Windows
> Explorer" (not browser) you might need to enable the option (semantics
vary
> with IE flavor) "enable FTP folder view" in the IE advanced options tab.

FWIW, I don't see that option available....at least not on this machine
which is windows 98SE.

Poly

From: Gary R. Hook on
polymod wrote:
> So I found an older version amongst my files and it does work.....for free.
> But it's an older build with a few nats and niggles....but it DOES work.
> I've also found a few more old versions on the net, but I'm a little leery
> about their source.
> Any recommendations of free FTP programs out there that you're happy with?

I'm a bit late to the party, but I will stick with (orphaned) leechftp.
It occasionally tries to phone home, unsuccessfully. Other than that
it's fantastic.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: 1930s Gibson Acoustic Guitar