First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Winbind having problems with Windoze Server 2008 groups/users
Good evening, I am running a port of FreeBSD (FreeNAS) that is running SAMBA/winbind and is joined to a Windows Server 2008 domain. I, and a number of users on the FreeNAS forums, have encountered a problem when, after joining, mounting, sharing the drives, a user or administrator on the domain can create direc... 6 Sep 2009 00:08
NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 2 September 2009 NYCBUG: Jeffrey Hsu on How to Get Started with Kernel Programming
FXO card for FreeBSD
Hi Guys, I am playing around with Asterix on Freebsd 7.2/amd64. Can anyone make a recommendation for a card that is fully supported under FreeBSD? I only require 1 FXO port (so I can make calls over a regular PSTN line from an IP phone). Brands/Model suggestions appreciated. Thanks! ... 3 Sep 2009 07:42
FreeBSD on AVR32/NGW100 ... status reports??
Has anyone any pointers to the project announced by the FreeBSD foundation regarding the attempt to port FreeBSD to the AVR32/NGW100 reference board? Just wondering, as the initially announced date was end of August, and I've heard nothing since the announcement ... Cheers, Rob. ... 3 Sep 2009 07:42
Advice needed: VPN, jail, design issue
Michael Grimm <trashcan(a)odo.in-berlin.de> wrote: But I do have to admit that I'm clueless w.r.t. which VPN (IPSec, OpenVPN, ssh tunnel, etc.) would optimally fit my demands mentioned above. How to NAT? Which VPN? What else? Me personally I do like mpd / pptd. I'm open to advice and hints, and, thanks i... 3 Sep 2009 07:42
Can't get OO3 to execute on FreeBSD7
I can't get OpenOffice3 to run on FreeBSD7. Downloaded binaries. Install script runs OK. When I try to execute <openoffice.org-3.0.0>, I get a message (not an exact quote): "can't display graphics .. error 0x63" or something like that. It core dumps. Sorry, I'm not at that PC right now. My X seems to run OK... 24 Dec 2008 19:27
NVidia MCP67 audio not creating /dev/dsp with snd_hda (compaq F767NR)
I'm finally getting around to playing with sound (largely because dosbox choked over its absnce when I went to play an ancient game :) Anyway, this is a Compaq Presario F767NR--a basic disposable sub $500. (For anyone searching for this model, the wifi works with Sam's updated HAL, and the binary driver for X ins... 13 Dec 2008 16:32
Can't allocate required memory
Leonardo Burchi wrote: I posted in 7zip forum, and they says there is a limitation of 512 MB in RAM usage for my account. Could you help me to see if this is true? Try 'limits' to see whar toy limits are. 'man limits' for more info. Example: tingo(a)kg-work2$ limits Resource limits (current): cputim... 10 Sep 2008 03:12
[7zip] Can't allocate required memory
Hi to all, I installed 7zip from ports in my freebsd server. I use Freebsd to compress and backup my file. Now I have this error ERROR: Can't allocate required memory! when I try to compress my websites folder. It's about 9/10.000 files for a total of 3/4 GB. I posted in 7zip forum, and they says there is ... 9 Sep 2008 03:36
Why is this super simple ethernet bridge not working?
I am having trouble setting up a fresh install of FreeBSD as an ethernet bridge. I have two boxes, call them source, 10.2.0.1, and sink 10.2.0.2. When they are on the same network they can ping each other fine. However, when I insert the FreeBSD box, call it bridge, between source and sink, they can no longer reac... 5 Sep 2008 08:29