From: Gareth Magennis on
Hi,

looking for a source of these in the UK:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_boxdiaphragma_4401.htm (out of stock)

Voice coil diameter 45mm.

It is the same diaphragm that W Audio use , so I am guessing it is some
cheap generic chinese design these kind of manufacturers just buy off the
shelf. I have also seen these in another speaker, but can't remember now
what it was.

Cheers,

Gareth.

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Gareth Magennis" <sound.service(a)btconnect.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> looking for a source of these in the UK:
>
> http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_boxdiaphragma_4401.htm (out of stock)
>
> Voice coil diameter 45mm.
>
> It is the same diaphragm that W Audio use , so I am guessing it is some
> cheap generic chinese design these kind of manufacturers just buy off the
> shelf. I have also seen these in another speaker, but can't remember now
> what it was.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Gareth.

I would look here
not in the UK but I am sure they ship worldwide
http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/
george

From: Gareth Magennis on

"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Gareth Magennis" <sound.service(a)btconnect.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> looking for a source of these in the UK:
>>
>> http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_boxdiaphragma_4401.htm (out of stock)
>>
>> Voice coil diameter 45mm.
>>
>> It is the same diaphragm that W Audio use , so I am guessing it is some
>> cheap generic chinese design these kind of manufacturers just buy off the
>> shelf. I have also seen these in another speaker, but can't remember now
>> what it was.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> Gareth.
>
> I would look here
> not in the UK but I am sure they ship worldwide
> http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/
> george

Cheers, this looks closest.
http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/product.asp?specific=1391

Which just comfirms my suspicion the ones I see are a cheap copy of an
existing design.

Gareth.

From: Ron on
On 01/04/2010 13:46, Gareth Magennis wrote:
> "George's Pro Sound Co."<bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Gareth Magennis"<sound.service(a)btconnect.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> looking for a source of these in the UK:
>>>
>>> http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_boxdiaphragma_4401.htm (out of stock)
>>>
>>> Voice coil diameter 45mm.
>>>
>>> It is the same diaphragm that W Audio use , so I am guessing it is some
>>> cheap generic chinese design these kind of manufacturers just buy off the
>>> shelf. I have also seen these in another speaker, but can't remember now
>>> what it was.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>

>>> Gareth.
>>
>> I would look here
>> not in the UK but I am sure they ship worldwide
>> http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/
>> george
>>

> Cheers, this looks closest.
> http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/product.asp?specific=1391
>
> Which just comfirms my suspicion the ones I see are a cheap copy of an
> existing design.
>

> Gareth.

It looks like the one Mackie use to me, S408 I believe.

Ron(UK)
From: Ron on
On 01/04/2010 13:52, Ron wrote:
> On 01/04/2010 13:46, Gareth Magennis wrote:
>> "George's Pro Sound Co."<bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Gareth Magennis"<sound.service(a)btconnect.com> wrote in message

>>> I would look here
>>> not in the UK but I am sure they ship worldwide
>>> http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/
>>> george
>>>

>> Cheers, this looks closest.
>> http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/product.asp?specific=1391
>>
>> Which just comfirms my suspicion the ones I see are a cheap copy of an
>> existing design.
>>

>> Gareth.
>>

> It looks like the one Mackie use to me, S408 I believe.
>
> Ron(UK)
That would be the BMD440-RD
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: going SAC
Next: Slightly OT: Vinyl pressing prices