From: Denny Strauser on
George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
> Just imagine a "in ears " app for iphone like devices so musos can tweek
> thier own mixes :-)
> George

I did a show a couple years go with Adrian Belew, and each member of the
band had a small ethernet-connected work station to adjust their own
monitor mix.
- Denny
From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 30/03/2010 13:42, in article hosrjn$r2b$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
"Denny Strauser" <dsdennysound(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>> Just imagine a "in ears " app for iphone like devices so musos can tweek
>> thier own mixes :-)
>> George
>

> I did a show a couple years go with Adrian Belew, and each member of the
> band had a small ethernet-connected work station to adjust their own
> monitor mix.

Aviom Pro16 ?

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message
> On 30/03/2010 13:42, in article hosrjn$r2b$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
> "Denny Strauser" <dsdennysound(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>>> Just imagine a "in ears " app for iphone like devices so musos can tweek
>>> thier own mixes :-)
>>> George
>>

>> I did a show a couple years go with Adrian Belew, and each member of the
>> band had a small ethernet-connected work station to adjust their own
>> monitor mix.
>
> Aviom Pro16 ?

Aviom has been around awhile, I have not seen one in use outside of trade
shows and one church, I am thinking a personal monitor app, hat I don't have
to own or provide :-)

From: bob urz on
George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

> Aviom has been around awhile, I have not seen one in use outside of trade
> shows and one church, I am thinking a personal monitor app, hat I don't have
> to own or provide :-)

Although i would not call them as common as a SM58, i see them a lot in
pro applications. Broadway has gone to them extensively for pit
orchestras. The "color purple" that was just through had them. They
replaced hardwired custom units from Mask sound, pro mix and such that
had large multi connectors and heavy wire. So far, Broadway has NOT
seemed to embrace digital snakes to replace all the other copper though.

The neat application is to have a M7cl and have the Aviom card in its
card slot. Then its just a matter of looping through to all the stations
you want.

bob
From: Denny Strauser on
George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
> "Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message
>> On 30/03/2010 13:42, in article hosrjn$r2b$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,

>>> I did a show a couple years go with Adrian Belew, and each member of the
>>> band had a small ethernet-connected work station to adjust their own
>>> monitor mix.
>>
>> Aviom Pro16 ?

I think it was. I know it was 16 channels. The odd thing was that the
band's sound engineer had a Behringer endorsement. He had Behringer FOH
& Mon consoles. The Mon console didn't have direct outs to feed the A/D
converter, so he used insert jacks, half-plugged-in.

> Aviom has been around awhile, I have not seen one in use outside of trade
> shows and one church, I am thinking a personal monitor app, hat I don't have
> to own or provide :-)

SAC had a free download for that purpose. I downloaded it. If the band
brings their own wireless laptop, you can give them the file to utilize
the feature. you might want to have a feedback exterminator plug-in
inserted. And you'll need a good router.
- Denny