From: geoff on
George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

> it should be mostly running by mid june but my vision of a 32 inch
> touch screen work surface connected wifi to the mainframe behind
> stage may be a while away, possible even a couple of small monitors
> each dedicated to a function (mix, auxes, efx, dynamics)

Rather clumpy inelegant graphics, to the point of distracting, for me ....

geoff

From: Denny Strauser on
geoff wrote:
> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>
>> it should be mostly running by mid june but my vision of a 32 inch
>> touch screen work surface connected wifi to the mainframe behind
>> stage may be a while away, possible even a couple of small monitors
>> each dedicated to a function (mix, auxes, efx, dynamics)
>
> Rather clumpy inelegant graphics, to the point of distracting, for me ....
> geoff

There are other visual schemes available. When I used SAW (same company
& SAC compatible) on tour, I used two different schemes so I could
easily tell if I was looking at the main or backup computers.

- Denny
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"geoff" <geoff(a)nospam-paf.co.nz> wrote in message
> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>

>> it should be mostly running by mid june but my vision of a 32 inch
>> touch screen work surface connected wifi to the mainframe behind
>> stage may be a while away, possible even a couple of small monitors
>> each dedicated to a function (mix, auxes, efx, dynamics)
>
> Rather clumpy inelegant graphics, to the point of distracting, for me ....
>

> geoff

then you would not enjoy mixing on a Gamble either I guess seeing as Jim
created this surface to emulate his desks
george

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 31/03/2010 23:33, in article hp0ikm$5fg$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
"Denny Strauser" <dsdennysound(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> geoff wrote:
>> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>>
>>> it should be mostly running by mid june but my vision of a 32 inch
>>> touch screen work surface connected wifi to the mainframe behind
>>> stage may be a while away, possible even a couple of small monitors
>>> each dedicated to a function (mix, auxes, efx, dynamics)
>>
>> Rather clumpy inelegant graphics, to the point of distracting, for me ....
>> geoff
>
> There are other visual schemes available. When I used SAW (same company
> & SAC compatible) on tour, I used two different schemes so I could
> easily tell if I was looking at the main or backup computers.

Is there a Mac version?

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 31/03/2010 23:48, in article
VISdnd1jkNfWTC7WnZ2dnUVZ_gydnZ2d(a)earthlink.com, "George's Pro Sound Co."
<bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> "geoff" <geoff(a)nospam-paf.co.nz> wrote in message
>> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>>

>>> it should be mostly running by mid june but my vision of a 32 inch
>>> touch screen work surface connected wifi to the mainframe behind
>>> stage may be a while away, possible even a couple of small monitors
>>> each dedicated to a function (mix, auxes, efx, dynamics)
>>
>> Rather clumpy inelegant graphics, to the point of distracting, for me ....
>>

>> geoff
>
> then you would not enjoy mixing on a Gamble either I guess seeing as Jim
> created this surface to emulate his desks

"Garish" is the word that comes to mind.

;-)

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com