From: Michael on
Hi all,

thanks John for this thread.

Personally besides Irfan View
http://www.irfanview.com
I use Servant Salamander 1.52 as my file manager.
Basic NC clone without archive support,
one exe file only, 354 kb.
http://www.altap.cz/download.html#salrel

Enjoy.
Michael
--
Wombat online, freeware and more
http://wombat-online.com
From: John Hood on
juliuslr(a)gmail.com wrote:

>This is really cool. Could you also post the "executable" size of the
>apps? That way as the list grows we can pick/substitue what we have in
>our thumb drives at a glance. Just to confirm, these are standalone
>apps without DLLs and registry stuff, right?
>
>Susan, are you compiling these apps so we can all download at a "one
>stop shopping" place? Thanks.

Julius:

Most of them are stand-alone single files. Some of them are not and
have dll's BUT those DLLs are usually in the same folder as the
executable, and therefore, do not need to be registered. I'm working on
putting the Greenware page together. If anyone would like to find what
they think of as the "Best" application in a category, please review it
and post the following and I'll include the review on the web page (make
you famous).

App name, Website link. Brief intro of what it does, A few sentences
about what sets it above the rest, a few sentences of what you didn't
like about it. Score of 1(low)-10(High).
I'm off to type.

John Hood
Web Site www.jhoodsoft.org
"The best home and business free software, no ads, no time limits, no
fluff."
"No kidding."

From: john.hood on
Susan. I don't see where to do this. Can you point me to a URL.

Prob user error.

Also, who maintains the ACFWiki and what criteria for info to get
posted there?

John

From: Susan Bugher on
john.hood(a)gmail.com wrote:

> Susan. I don't see where to do this. Can you point me to a URL.
>
> Prob user error.

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_ProgramIndex.php
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_BUSINESS-HOME.php
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_DESKTOP.php

etc. etc. (connecting links to the other pages are at the top of each page)

Sort on the "I" column for no install etc. apps (key to the
abbreviations is at the bottom of each page).

I hope that's what you were asking about. ;)

> Also, who maintains the ACFWiki and what criteria for info to get
> posted there?

Mark Carter furnishes and maintains the wiki. Anyone can create web
pages or add to the existing pages.

Criteria? IIRC Mark just said "here it is" and there hasn't been any
discussion since.

The criteria I use: if info is suitable for posting in ACF it's suitable
for the wiki.

Susan
From: john.hood on
Yup that's the one, thanks.

I don't know about the wiki, What do you think about someone (me) going
in there and organizing it a little bit? Try to make it more like a
knowledgebase? Categoy and sub-page.

John

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Drive Image
Next: FWT Newsletter - Weekly - March 7, 2005