From: John H Meyers on
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:36:52 -0500, PaulG6TSF wrote:

> I saw no sign of HPx9G+ in Conn4x

It will not connect until the device driver
is properly installed into Windows
(are there instructions in your manual or CD?),
and then Conn4x should be able to detect it
in the "Connect using" drop-down,
whenever the calculator is plugged in and turned on.

When you right-click your XP "Start" button,
is there an "Open All Users" entry in the menu?
(If not, the account you are using
might not belong to computer admininstrators,
and might not be able to install drivers).

"Access violation" is an application program error;
hopefully it may relate to incorrect driver installation,
and might go away after proper installation.

[r->] [OFF]
From: mats on
PaulG6TSF wrote:
> PaulG6TSF wrote:
>> Has any one had problems geting the connectivity software supplied on
>> CD with the 50G to work. Installation of software and USB driver
>> appears OK, but software gives an error and does not enable you to do
>> anything with it. I' m using WinXP Home (with SP2) on a Fujitsu-Siemens
>> laptop.
>>
>> Paul
>

> I forgot to add that Conn4x is v2.33 Build 2434 and the error message
> is;
>
> Access Violation at address 004046D in module "Conn4x.exe". Write of
> address 00000008
>
> Sometimes the address is 00000004
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Paul

I had the same troubles with this version (some sort of Windows
problem I guess). Just try the older one
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=351775&dest_page=product&os=228)
From: Avatar_e on
> I had the same troubles with this version (some sort of Windows
> problem I guess). Just try the older one

If older works, is not a Windows problem :-)

From: PaulG6TSF on

Avatar_e wrote:
> > I had the same troubles with this version (some sort of Windows
> > problem I guess). Just try the older one
>
> If older works, is not a Windows problem :-)

Looks like Conn4x is the problem. I spoke to HP Calculator Customer
service who have logged the problem. Initial suggestion was to remove
other applications to see what is causing the conflict.

Paul S.

From: hwxyz@hotmail.com on
PaulG6TSF wrote:
> Avatar_e wrote:
> > > I had the same troubles with this version (some sort of Windows
> > > problem I guess). Just try the older one
> >
> > If older works, is not a Windows problem :-)
>
> Looks like Conn4x is the problem. I spoke to HP Calculator Customer
> service who have logged the problem. Initial suggestion was to remove
> other applications to see what is causing the conflict.
>
> Paul S.

I am also experiencing the same problem with this version of conn4x
that I did not experience with the older version so I think the problem
is with conn4x.