From: PaulG6TSF on
Has any one had problems geting the connectivity software supplied on
CD with the 50G to work. Installation of software and USB driver
appears OK, but software gives an error and does not enable you to do
anything with it. I' m using WinXP Home (with SP2) on a Fujitsu-Siemens
laptop.

Paul

From: John H Meyers on
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:27:07 -0500, PaulG6TSF wrote:

> Has any one had problems geting the connectivity software
> supplied on CD with the 50G to work. Installation of software
> and USB driver appears OK, but software gives an error
> and does not enable you to do anything with it.

If the "HPx9G+" device showed up in Conn4x,
and if you started "Xmodem server" on the calc
[right-shift then cursor-right],
and if you then clicked the "connect" button in Conn4x,
and if Conn4x still said it could not connect,
then cancel and go to:

APPS > I/O Functions > Transfer > Port > CHOOS > USB

then OK or ENTER until back to the stack display,
then re-start Xmodem server (as above).

[r->] [OFF]
From: PaulG6TSF on

PaulG6TSF wrote:
> Has any one had problems geting the connectivity software supplied on
> CD with the 50G to work. Installation of software and USB driver
> appears OK, but software gives an error and does not enable you to do
> anything with it. I' m using WinXP Home (with SP2) on a Fujitsu-Siemens
> laptop.
>
> Paul

I forgot to add that Conn4x is v2.33 Build 2434 and the error message
is;

Access Violation at address 004046D in module "Conn4x.exe". Write of
address 00000008

Sometimes the address is 00000004

Any ideas???

Paul

From: PaulG6TSF on

PaulG6TSF wrote:
> PaulG6TSF wrote:
> > Has any one had problems geting the connectivity software supplied on
> > CD with the 50G to work. Installation of software and USB driver
> > appears OK, but software gives an error and does not enable you to do
> > anything with it. I' m using WinXP Home (with SP2) on a Fujitsu-Siemens
> > laptop.
> >
> > Paul
>

> I forgot to add that Conn4x is v2.33 Build 2434 and the error message
> is;
>
> Access Violation at address 004046D in module "Conn4x.exe". Write of
> address 00000008
>
> Sometimes the address is 00000004
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Paul

The Access Violation at address 004046D, should be 004046D4. I typed
the wrong address!

Paul

From: PaulG6TSF on

John H Meyers wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:27:07 -0500, PaulG6TSF wrote:
>
> > Has any one had problems geting the connectivity software
> > supplied on CD with the 50G to work. Installation of software
> > and USB driver appears OK, but software gives an error
> > and does not enable you to do anything with it.
>
> If the "HPx9G+" device showed up in Conn4x,
> and if you started "Xmodem server" on the calc
> [right-shift then cursor-right],
> and if you then clicked the "connect" button in Conn4x,
> and if Conn4x still said it could not connect,
> then cancel and go to:
>
> APPS > I/O Functions > Transfer > Port > CHOOS > USB
>
> then OK or ENTER until back to the stack display,
> then re-start Xmodem server (as above).
>
> [r->] [OFF]

I saw no sign of HPx9G+ in Conn4x, I've just simply got no connection
established between the PC and HP 50G. Tried your suggestion with no
luck.

Paul