From: Heiko Arnemann on

"mats" <client(a)server.com> schrieb

> I had the same troubles with this version (some sort of Windows
> problem I guess). Just try the older one
> (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=351775&dest_page=product&os=228)

Paul,
please check "help" "about" on your con-kit and report the build number.
Mats linked con-kit, give Version 2.2 Build 2353.
This con-kit works fine.

Note the Setup_ReadMe.txt from the above download... if it applies to
your problem.

Best regards
Heiko

From: PaulG6TSF on

Heiko Arnemann wrote:
> "mats" <client(a)server.com> schrieb
>
> > I had the same troubles with this version (some sort of Windows
> > problem I guess). Just try the older one
> > (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=351775&dest_page=product&os=228)
>
> Paul,
> please check "help" "about" on your con-kit and report the build number.
> Mats linked con-kit, give Version 2.2 Build 2353.
> This con-kit works fine.
>
> Note the Setup_ReadMe.txt from the above download... if it applies to
> your problem.
>
> Best regards
> Heiko

The earlier version will load and work, but trying the newer version on
several PC's with WinXP Home or Pro
gives the same result of access violation. See also recent posting in
this group by "Ivo".

Regards, Paul S.

From: Ben on

The linked con-kit works, minus screencapture. Build 2353, the 49g+ one.

From: Paul on
Same problem with same version (build 2434). Tried on 3 PC's
I've spoken to 2 other users who had similar problems, although one
could install and run it on his Toshiba without problems.
I'm now using older version fro 49G+, version 2.1, build 1689 and it
seems to work just fine with the HP 50g, including ROM update.
Lucky we have quite a few spare CD's of version 2.1 so we can include
those with teh HP50g's

regards from Sydney

From: franks on

Ben wrote:
> The linked con-kit works, minus screencapture. Build 2353, the 49g+ one.

Could someone please tell me which button is the 'reset' button that
you're supposed to press?

The con-kit comes up with the instruction that you're supposed to press
the + and - buttons for three seconds while you press the reset button?

~sorry this just doesn't make any sense....

Thanks,

Franklin