From: Dewaine Chan <"dchanNOSPAM"@NOSPAM on
If you have the PCL6 driver loaded, try the PCL 5e driver.

Dewaine

From: me@privacy.net on
In message <Oopue.9514$LY.248879(a)twister.southeast.rr.com>, Dewaine Chan
<dchanNOSPAM(a)NOSPAM.PLZZZnc.rr.com.invalid> writes
>If you have the PCL6 driver loaded, try the PCL 5e driver.

It does sound as though it might be trying to do the wrong PCL version.
When I was working out the setup on this machine I was able to generate
similar messages regarding Postscript languages by using the wrong
driver.

--
Timothy
From: GP on
me(a)privacy.net wrote:
> In message <Oopue.9514$LY.248879(a)twister.southeast.rr.com>, Dewaine Chan
> <dchanNOSPAM(a)NOSPAM.PLZZZnc.rr.com.invalid> writes
>
>> If you have the PCL6 driver loaded, try the PCL 5e driver.
>

> It does sound as though it might be trying to do the wrong PCL version.
> When I was working out the setup on this machine I was able to generate
> similar messages regarding Postscript languages by using the wrong driver.

No, no. Thanks for your solicitude to both of you. Rest assured it's not
the wrong driver. But I see Bob Headrick is back, so we'll have the answer
anytime soon.

GP

From: GP on
GP wrote:
> me(a)privacy.net wrote:
>
>> In message <Oopue.9514$LY.248879(a)twister.southeast.rr.com>, Dewaine
>> Chan <dchanNOSPAM(a)NOSPAM.PLZZZnc.rr.com.invalid> writes
>>
>>> If you have the PCL6 driver loaded, try the PCL 5e driver.
>>

>> It does sound as though it might be trying to do the wrong PCL
>> version. When I was working out the setup on this machine I was able
>> to generate similar messages regarding Postscript languages by using
>> the wrong driver.
>

> No, no. Thanks for your solicitude to both of you. Rest assured it's not
> the wrong driver. But I see Bob Headrick is back, so we'll have the
> answer anytime soon.

Err... yes... well... You must understand that Mr Headrick is not getting
paid at all by HP, his employer, to answer questions here. He just does
this on his space time, which is truly unbelievable. This is why we are
all so truly grateful to Mr Headrick for giving us almost a full week's
worth of his spare time every week.

I mean this guy is so devoted to us that I've seen him print pictures and
send them postpaid from his very own pocket to the other side of the globe
just to show the quality of HP printers, his employer, in whose's name
he's never speaking here.

My Headrick is truly unique and, of course, the counterpart of this is
that one must understand that he's got to be minimally patient.

And am I ever. I even had some time to do some research on the problem I
face. One of the post I've read says that every server OS encounters the
same problem with the Laserjet 1012. Which should certainly help Mr
Headrick find the solution to the problem.

My humble contribution to the great HP cause.

GP

From: Bob Headrick on

> GP wrote:
>> me(a)privacy.net wrote:
>> In message <Oopue.9514$LY.248879(a)twister.southeast.rr.com>, Dewaine Chan
>> <dchanNOSPAM(a)NOSPAM.PLZZZnc.rr.com.invalid> writes
>>
>>> If you have the PCL6 driver loaded, try the PCL 5e driver.
>>
>> It does sound as though it might be trying to do the wrong PCL version. When
>> I was working out the setup on this machine I was able to generate similar
>> messages regarding Postscript languages by using the wrong driver.
>>
>> No, no. Thanks for your solicitude to both of you. Rest assured it's not the
>> wrong driver. But I see Bob Headrick is back, so we'll have the answer
>> anytime soon.
>
> Err... yes... well... You must understand that Mr Headrick is not getting
> paid at all by HP, his employer, to answer questions here. He just does this
> on his space time, which is truly unbelievable. This is why we are all so
> truly grateful to Mr Headrick for giving us almost a full week's worth of his
> spare time every week.
>
> I mean this guy is so devoted to us that I've seen him print pictures and
> send them postpaid from his very own pocket to the other side of the globe
> just to show the quality of HP printers, his employer, in whose's name he's
> never speaking here.
>
> My Headrick is truly unique and, of course, the counterpart of this is that
> one must understand that he's got to be minimally patient.
>
> And am I ever. I even had some time to do some research on the problem I
> face. One of the post I've read says that every server OS encounters the same
> problem with the Laserjet 1012. Which should certainly help Mr Headrick find
> the solution to the problem.
>
> My humble contribution to the great HP cause.

Blush... Thanks for the kind words, it is nice to be appreciated but I am
unfortunately rather ignorant of the Laserjet side of the business. My most
recent experience with LaserJet's is the LJ 4 I bought a dozen years ago and
still keep around on the off chance I will need to print a PC board transfer.

That said, you might be able to get an answer in the HP peer support forum at
either
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=413
(business users) or
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=219
(IT Resource forum).

Dewaine Chan is the top contributor in the LaserJet forum, and I would expect
he would be your best bet to get your issue resolved. I would expect his
advice would lead to a solution if there is one :-).

Regards,