From: Satoshi on
I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo Paper.
On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures were
reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All pictures
were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem with camera
and screen color.

Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color level
from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures were still
reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what is the
problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head? Need your
help. Satoshi

From: Jim on

"Satoshi" <machocraig(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
Paper.
> On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures were
> reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All pictures
> were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem with
camera
> and screen color.
>
> Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
level
> from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures were
still
> reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what is the
> problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head? Need
your
> help. Satoshi

Have you created a profile for your printer, your inks, and your paper?
Did your print commands apply the profile twice?
Jim

From: bmoag on
That overall pink cast often means color matching is being applied more than
once in your printing chain.
Canon's protocols for printing with Photoshop are not straightforward and
even if you understand how to use them you will soon realize that they are
terrible anyway.
The easiest way to print with Canon is to throw the Canon printer away and
buy an Epson.
If that is not practical when you are in print preview in Photoshop set the
"Profile" setting for Printer Color Management. Then set the Canon driver
for the paper type and for photographic quality (or you can experiment with
some other settings on the other driver tabs). The print preview should be
in approximately correct color. Alas, Canon printer drivers being what they
are, the final print will not likely resemble this as closely as it should.

From: measekite on
Arte you using Canon OEM ink?

From: measekite on

bmoag wrote:

>That overall pink cast often means color matching is being applied more than
>once in your printing chain.
>Canon's protocols for printing with Photoshop are not straightforward and
>even if you understand how to use them you will soon realize that they are
>terrible anyway.

Photoshop and my Canon IP4000 using OEM ink and Costco/Kirkland Glossy
Photo Paper do a great job and produce fantastic results.

>The easiest way to print with Canon is to throw the Canon printer away and
>buy an Epson.

Bullshit