From: measekite on

Stevelee wrote:

> Why should people print Costco/Kirkland paper with Canon Paper Pro
> setting?

Because that is one of the choices in the Costco/Kirkland instruction
sheet. Any more questions?

From: Shooter on
I believe it can. Kodak Glossy is one when used with a 2100/2200 the paper
can not absorb the ink and that is any pigmented so the result is blocked
head. Before you say, well that's the ink, again not so, if you use non
gloss or semi-gloss there is no problem with the ink-paper except for
Bronzing, or better still use dye ink and get perfect prints.

From: CWatters on

"Shooter" <photoman52003-shoot(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> I believe it can. Kodak Glossy is one when used with a 2100/2200 the
paper
> can not absorb the ink and that is any pigmented so the result is blocked
> head.

Dirty rollers perhaps but not blocked heads. The heads don't wait around for
the ink to be absorbed on any paper - they are gone while it's still wet.

From: Satoshi on
> You will change your mind about 3rd party inks. My printer is a Pixma
> ip8500. I have
> no reason to lie about it if the ink doesn't work. The printer is 6 months
> old already.
> Not a single problem for almost 6 months in using the 3rd party ink
> supply. I still

I have a question for Stevelee,

It seems that you are very happy with i8500. I am considering buying this
one for home use.
Before doing that, I have a question on its inks. What kind of inks does
that printer use: BCI6 and/or BCI3e?
If i8500 used these inks, my job for buying inks could be simpler and
easier. TIA. Satoshi

From: Satoshi on
I will go out today to Costco. I will buy and try it. I will let you
know.

Satoshi