From: Hecate on
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:01:38 -0600, "Satoshi" <machocraig(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>When I looked at ink cartridges, PM (photomagenta) ink was consumed too
>much.
>The problem seems to be associated with the too much flow of PM.
>Is there anyway to prevent flow of PM ink? Satoshi

Yes, use colour management (but only once)>

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate(a)newsguy.com
From: Burt on
Satoshi - The two light dye load inks, photo magenta and photo cyan, are
used up faster than the other inks under normal circumstances when printing
most photos. I have a Canon i960 and especially with pictures that have
people with skin tones that are more red than average I either adjust the
overall intensity to -4 or -6, or I adjust the magenta to a minus value that
gives the best print. I have seen one post that suggested -7 setting for
Magenta. Do not use the two higher quality paper settings - stay with the
glossy photo paper setting as you described. Print all pictures in manual
color setting. I found that the automatic setting came up very red. You
may or may not have to adjust the intensity or magenta as described above.
I use photoshop elements 2 and calibrated my monitor with the adobe gamma
program. When I first bought the printer I played with various settings and
papers to get the best color balance to my eye. When I started using
non-OEM inks I redid my tests and found that the test prints were comparable
to the OEM inks with every combination of settings and papers. I presently
use Costco Kirkland glossy photo paper with an aftermarket ink and the
settings I described above. Someone else answered your post with the
suggestion that you may have more than one software program trying to adjust
your colors. If the settings I suggested don't help[ then that may be your
problem.

From: measekite on
The difference must be in the driver since ng readers claim that the ink
and the printhead is the same.

From: measekite on
Why not go to a progessional photo lab.

From: measekite on

Burt wrote:

>Satoshi - The two light dye load inks, photo magenta and photo cyan, are
>used up faster than the other inks under normal circumstances when printing
>most photos. I have a Canon i960 and especially with pictures that have
>people with skin tones that are more red than average I either adjust the
>overall intensity to -4 or -6, or I adjust the magenta to a minus value that
>gives the best print. I have seen one post that suggested -7 setting for
>Magenta. Do not use the two higher quality paper settings - stay with the
>glossy photo paper setting as you described. Print all pictures in manual
>color setting. I found that the automatic setting came up very red. You
>may or may not have to adjust the intensity or magenta as described above.
>I use photoshop elements 2 and calibrated my monitor with the adobe gamma
>program. When I first bought the printer I played with various settings and
>papers to get the best color balance to my eye. When I started using
>non-OEM inks I redid my tests and found that the test prints were comparable
>to the OEM inks with every combination of settings and papers.

I guess the word comparable does not mean nearly exact.