From: zakezuke on
> Actually, Zake, for me it is sufficient to "eyeball" it. As long as I like
> the print I am a happy camper. I am doing it solely for my own enjoyment.
> That is why the term "exact" becomes an abstract concept for my printing
> needs.

Some of us are not so blessed with color eyeballs :P

Shockingly enough, some of these base solutions are the foundation for
exacting standards. Somewhere I found the plans for a simple ice in a
stryfoam cup and describes the spot at which the water can exist as a
gas, a liquid, and a solid coined the tripple point, which ends up
being a far more precise method than more costly existing calibration
methods.

Actually i'm surprised there isn't something on the market that would
make use of color charts, scanners, and through scanning output make a
reccomendation for either a slide adjustment or a sRGB curve. Simple
enough technique, very common tool, would be very useful and provide a
meter rather than having to eyeball it.

From: Shooter on
What, you are saying you don't use OEM paper after all your thousands of
remarks about OEM.

From: Satoshi on
I found this morning that there were too many responses to my question.
Here is my response to bmoag

> The easiest way to print with Canon is to throw the Canon printer away and
> buy an Epson

In the past I used a few Epson printers. I love Epson printers but because
of its persistent clogging, I dumped Epson and bought Canon printers.
If you recommend an Epson printer which does not clog, I love to buy one.

Regarding printing matter, it does not matter whether I use Photoshop, Corel
Draw, or Irfanvuew, their printing patterns are the same.
So long as I set "Plain Paper" mode, no problem If I set to photopaper,
glossy, or high resolution paper mode, PM ink flows too much.

Thanks. Satoshi

"bmoag" <aemd(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> That overall pink cast often means color matching is being applied more
> than once in your printing chain.
> Canon's protocols for printing with Photoshop are not straightforward and
> even if you understand how to use them you will soon realize that they are
> terrible anyway.
..

From: measekite on
Paper cannot clog the printhead.

From: measekite on

Satoshi wrote:

>I found this morning that there were too many responses to my question.
>Here is my response to bmoag
>

>>The easiest way to print with Canon is to throw the Canon printer away and
>>buy an Epson
>>

>In the past I used a few Epson printers. I love Epson printers but because
>of its persistent clogging, I dumped Epson and bought Canon printers.
>If you recommend an Epson printer which does not clog, I love to buy one.

All of the printers can clog but especially with AfterMarket Ink.