From: measekite on

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>
> Paper cannot clog the printhead.
>
> Brilliant statemment. You must be a mental giant.
> So that leaves after market inks can clog printheads correct?.
> Frank

Yep
From: Ron Cohen on
As usual Measekite is making a global statement that he is totally unable to
back up with any facts or statistics. He/she/it states that all printers can
clog with aftermarket ink. I have to agree that MK is partially correct with
that statement. Why? Users of aftermarket inks are not using OEM ink.
Therefore if the highly unlikely clog appears, of course it will be with
aftermarket inks since OEM inks aren't being used. OTOH, the same can be
said for OEM inks. If only OEM inks are used, then that clog would result
from using OEM inks. There is no proof that MK can show which proves OEM is
less likely or that third party ink is more likely to clog in similar
printing environments. Clogs are primarily a result of letting the printer
sit idle for too long a period resulting in dried out particles. This
happens regardless of the source of the ink. Often defective cartridges
(poor or no ink flow or overfilled) are mistaken for ink clogs. If MK wants
any credibility, which based upon his past history isn't likely, then he
needs to provide adequate backup for his statements. Saying that third party
inks are more likely to cause print head clogs is deceptive since the same
can be said of OEM inks. His quoting of dubious "facts/proof/sources" makes
about as much sense as claiming that consuming potatoes will be fatal.
What's the proof that eating potatoes will be fatal? The answer is obvious.
Every Civil War era soldier who ate potatoes during the years of 1861 to
1865 is now dead.
--
Ron

From: zakezuke on
> Paper cannot clog the printhead.

There was a batch of Epson Photo Glossy paper that was covered with
powder. While I can't say for sure they contributed to head clogs I
seem to remember epson offered replacements for a bad batch. I also
noticed some "great white" photopaper offered at the dollar store also
covered in powder.

I can't say 100% that the powder on the paper could lead to a head
clog, but it seems reasonable that it's possible.

From: Caitlin on

"Satoshi" <machocraig(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
>Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
>were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
>pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
>with camera and screen color.
>
> Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
> level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
> were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
> is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
> Need your help. Satoshi

I have exactly the same problem with my Canon IP4000. Printing to Canon
photo paper plus Glossy (PP101) comes out perfectly, but printing to Canon
Glossy photo paper (GP401) comes out with a slight red tinge. I guess the
solution is to change the colour adjustment settings for that paper stock in
printing preferences - but I haven't played around with it myself to test
it. As most of my photo are on Glossy plus it has been an annoyance only for
me sp far - as it means my 'proofs' do not match the finished product.

From: Irwin Peckinloomer on
In article <WnBue.3016$Bx6.758(a)newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky(a)oem.com says...
> Paper cannot clog the printhead.

Wrong. You should read more & write less. Definitely write less!