From: Karl E. Peterson on
Norm pretended :
> Karl E. Peterson wrote :
>> Norm laid this down on his screen :
>>> Karl E. Peterson was thinking very hard :

>>> Happy Birthday Karl, but like Mike I quit paying attention to them at
>>> least 20 years ago. :o)
>>
>> I still use 'em as a good excuse to go where *I* want to for dinner! :-)
>>
>>> That link you attached looks like a nice picture, but I only get about 1/5
>>> th of it and it stops loading.
>>
>> Do you say that because it appears to be about 8x as wide as it is tall?
>> It's actually a panoramic photo, so that's the correct dimensions
>> (8023x1001). In the browser (pretty sure IE, but for sure FF), it'll
>> enlarge to normal size if you click on it, and you can then pan around with
>> the scrollbars.
>
> I hate to admit I never tried clicking on it lol That did the trick and does
> work in FF.

:-)

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Dee Earley has brought this to us :
> On 21/06/2010 22:55, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>> Karl E. Peterson formulated the question :
>>> (which is why I had to be off climbing a mountain, rather than sitting
>>> at a keyboard on Friday! <bg>),
>>
>> Or, for anyone without Google Earth to open that KML in the last post...
>>
>> http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/30150296.jpg
>
> Very nice, yet another thing that makes me wish I was back in Switzerland up
> the Alps.. :)

Yeah, and these are truly just the foothills. Although that is the
highest point in my county. Up in north-central Washington, we have
mountains that *lots* of folks compare to the Swiss Alps. Never been
over there, but if it's half as nice as the North Cascades, I
understand!

From: sorry.no.koolaid on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:55:56 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:
in <hvon5c$9lh$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>

>Karl E. Peterson formulated the question :
>> (which is why I had to be off climbing a mountain, rather than sitting at a
>> keyboard on Friday! <bg>),
>
>Or, for anyone without Google Earth to open that KML in the last
>post...
>
>http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/30150296.jpg

That's absolutely amazing. Just how close to 360� does your 8:1 aspect
ratio get you? Is it multiple exposures or computer assisted panning
maybe?

---
Stefan Berglund
From: Karl E. Peterson on
sorry.no.koolaid(a)for.me presented the following explanation :
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:55:56 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
> wrote:
> in <hvon5c$9lh$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>
>
>> Karl E. Peterson formulated the question :
>>> (which is why I had to be off climbing a mountain, rather than sitting at a
>>> keyboard on Friday! <bg>),
>>
>> Or, for anyone without Google Earth to open that KML in the last
>> post...
>>
>> http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/30150296.jpg
>
> That's absolutely amazing. Just how close to 360� does your 8:1 aspect
> ratio get you? Is it multiple exposures or computer assisted panning
> maybe?

I wish I had those answers for you. I found the image on Panramio, via
Google Earth. (I attached the KML to the initial post, too.) Here's
the original: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/30150296

I just did a little wrap-around in PSP, though. That image is
precisely 360�. What's more amazing to me is that the exposure is
consistent throughout. I'm thinking there's probably dozens
(hundreds?) of shots involved there, to avoid any sort of distortion,
huh?

From: mbyerley on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> sorry.no.koolaid(a)for.me presented the following explanation :
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:55:56 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
>> wrote:
>> in <hvon5c$9lh$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>
>>> Karl E. Peterson formulated the question :
>>>
>>> Or, for anyone without Google Earth to open that KML in the last post...
>>>
>>> http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/30150296.jpg
>>
>> That's absolutely amazing. Just how close to 360� does your 8:1 aspect
>> ratio get you? Is it multiple exposures or computer assisted panning
>> maybe?
>
> I wish I had those answers for you. I found the image on Panramio, via
> Google Earth. (I attached the KML to the initial post, too.) Here's the
> original: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/30150296
>
> I just did a little wrap-around in PSP, though. That image is precisely
> 360�. What's more amazing to me is that the exposure is consistent
> throughout. I'm thinking there's probably dozens (hundreds?) of shots
> involved there, to avoid any sort of distortion, huh?

I'm pretty sure it can be had in one go with a fisheye and correction
software...