From: Frankster on
I have a Dell SC440 Server, 2 x 160 GB SATA Drives, 4 GB
> RAM and Intel Xeon 2.6 GHz CPU. Is this hardware sufficient
> to prevent users complaining about performance ? TIA.

Nope. They will still complain. LOL...

-Frank
From: Colin on
Hi guys,

Sage tell me that Sage Accounts 2010 is fully supported under TS and yes, I
agree, no matter how good a system is, the users will still complain :)
Thanks for your replies!

Regards Colin.

From: Bob Campbell on
It should be fine. The main concern is the RAM. You need about 100K per
user. Also, with Office 2010, there is a 64-bit version. So if they have
huge workbooks, they can handle them. Of course you need Server 2008 64-bit.

Have you considered using RemoteApp? With Server 2008, you get RemoteApp.
It's so easy to set up; there's a wizard that you use to help you. The end
result is, your users will use say Word, and it will seem like they are
running it on their local machine. There's no remote desktop to cause
confusion.

But (instead of using a terminal server), have you considered Office Live?
See http://smallbusiness.officelive.com/en-us/free-business-website.

See
http://blogs.technet.com/office2010/archive/2009/11/23/collaboration-without-compromise.aspx.

"Colin" <Colin(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

I need to install a Terminal Server 08 at a client's office to allow 6 users
to connect via RDP. I have a Dell SC440 Server, 2 x 160 GB SATA Drives, 4 GB