From: gufus on
Hello, Leythos!

You wrote on Sat, 3 Apr 2010 19:49:13 -0400:

L> I've trj 6.8.1 many times on compromised machines when none of the
L> leading apps would even start and it's removed many malware from those
L> machines, enough that the others would run properly.

So in your opinion, what's a /GOOD/ Trojan/Malware remover?

I've been stuck on MD Defender for XP, It's has some features I like, liked
warning ya to system changes, and the software explores is kinna neat.

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: FromTheRafters on
"gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hello, Leythos!
>
> You wrote on Sat, 3 Apr 2010 19:49:13 -0400:
>
> L> I've trj 6.8.1 many times on compromised machines when none of the
> L> leading apps would even start and it's removed many malware from
> those
> L> machines, enough that the others would run properly.
>

> So in your opinion, what's a /GOOD/ Trojan/Malware remover?
>
> I've been stuck on MD Defender for XP, It's has some features I like,
> liked warning ya to system changes, and the software explores is kinna
> neat.

In the stated case, it was worthwhile to have a lesser known antimalware
because the better known ones are specifically attacked by the modern
malware. The better a program gets at removing malware, the more the
malware writers will specifically attack it.

{{ we need to rootkit our own machines }}

From: gufus on
Hello, FromTheRafters!

You wrote on Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:49:36 -0400:

F> In the stated case, it was worthwhile to have a lesser known antimalware
F> because the better known ones are specifically attacked by the modern
F> malware. The better a program gets at removing malware, the more the
F> malware writers will specifically attack it.

Don't you know it, just like the saying goes, "it;'s lonely at the top" I
should know, I run my own payroll, and my staff always take pot shots at me.
Do get me wrong, I've had some staff for 7+ years but still, it's their job
to get in my face. Arg.....

F> {{ we need to rootkit our own machines }}

What do you think of MS Defender?

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: FromTheRafters on

> Hello, FromTheRafters!
>
> You wrote on Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:49:36 -0400:
>
> F> In the stated case, it was worthwhile to have a lesser known
> antimalware
> F> because the better known ones are specifically attacked by the
> modern
> F> malware. The better a program gets at removing malware, the more
> the
> F> malware writers will specifically attack it.
>
> Don't you know it, just like the saying goes, "it;'s lonely at the
> top" I should know, I run my own payroll, and my staff always take pot
> shots at me. Do get me wrong, I've had some staff for 7+ years but
> still, it's their job to get in my face. Arg.....
>
> F> {{ we need to rootkit our own machines }}
>
> What do you think of MS Defender?

I think that it is a good idea. It hasn't caused me any trouble at all.

From: gufus on
Hi FromTheRafters,

08 Apr 10, FromTheRafters writes to gufus:

>> Don't you know it, just like the saying goes, "it;'s
>> lonely at the top" I should know, I run my own payroll,
>> and my staff always take pot shots at me. Do get me wrong,
>> I've had some staff for 7+ years but still, it's their job
>> to get in my face. Arg..... {{ we need to rootkit our own
>> machines }} What do you think of MS Defender?

> I think that it is a good idea. It hasn't caused me any
> trouble at all.

Thanks
--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... Good news. Ten weeks from Friday will be a good day.