From: Tom Serface on
The good news is many of the people previously posting in that newsgroup are
showing up in the forum so the technical expertise is still there.

Tom

From: Stuart Redmann on
On 10 Jun., 01:35, Jack <j...(a)knight.com> wrote:
> I want to subscribe. But no longer get access to it. Why?
> Thanks
> Jack

Sorry for highjacking your thread,

I was actually about to ask why you had to suscribe to anything in
order to post to this group (since you are already posting here), but
then I remembered the good old time when my employee let me use a real
newsreader. Nowadays its only Google Groups for me :-(

This raised the following questions: How can MS shut down this
newsgroup at all? Won't this group still exist on every other
newsserver (or at least on Google Groups)? Has MS any kind of
ownership of the microsoft.public.vc.mfc group?

I'm probably missing the right technical term for "newsgroup
ownership", as I cannot find any relevant information about this on
Google.

Thanks in advance,
Stuart
From: Tom Serface on
OP was talking about the vc.lang newsgroup which Microsoft already dropped
from their server. I assume it's still available using other servers. This
NG is still here so OP could post the question here pretty easily.

:o)

Tom

From: Tim Slattery on
Stuart Redmann <DerTopper(a)web.de> wrote:

>This raised the following questions: How can MS shut down this
>newsgroup at all? Won't this group still exist on every other
>newsserver (or at least on Google Groups)?

Yes, of course. MS will shut down its server, but other servers will
continue to carry the group. That's the nature of Usenet.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov
From: Stephen Wolstenholme on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:53:16 -0700, "Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com>
wrote:

>OP was talking about the vc.lang newsgroup which Microsoft already dropped
>from their server. I assume it's still available using other servers. This
>NG is still here so OP could post the question here pretty easily.

Despite Microsoft dropping vc.language it is still active.

Steve

EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com