From: Jack on
I want to subscribe. But no longer get access to it. Why?
Thanks
Jack
From: Peter Olcott on
On 6/9/2010 6:35 PM, Jack wrote:
> I want to subscribe. But no longer get access to it. Why?
> Thanks
> Jack

Because Microsoft wants you to quit supporting Windows and start working
on Linux.
From: Scott McPhillips [MVP] on
"Jack" <jl(a)knight.com> wrote in message
>I want to subscribe. But no longer get access to it. Why?
> Thanks
> Jack

It has been replaced by
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vclanguage/threads/

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

From: Giovanni Dicanio on
On 10/06/2010 05:04, Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote:

> It has been replaced by
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vclanguage/threads/

I read you can still access it using an alternative NNTP server, like
http://www.eternal-september.org/

Giovanni

From: Tim Slattery on
Jack <jl(a)knight.com> wrote:

>I want to subscribe. But no longer get access to it. Why?

Because Microsoft is dropping support of newsgroups. In a few months
the msnews.microsoft.com server will be shut down altogether.

You can find that newsgroup as well as the other microsoft.public.*
groups on your friendly neighborhood Usenet server. Check with your
ISP, or google for free usenet servers. Or check at
www.eternal-september.org

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov