From: Michel Posseth [MCP] on

Well not so verry long ago you atacked me to although i am a certified VB6
developer and code Basic since the mid eighties ( CBM64 )
and do not care if it is VB legacy or .Net syntax do you see me atacking
persons who might use non Visual syntax ?

what i try to say is that sometimes some of you over react in defending
there beloved VB legacy

regards

Michel

From: Henning on
Regarding Cor, as a MVP, he should be well aware of the differnces in
syntax. He has been doing it before, so I see no excuse for posting dotnet
syntax in a reply to a VB6 Q.

I don't recall the attacs on you, but must have been a similar issue. Not
one posting VB Classic replies to VB Classic questions will be attacked, for
sure.

/Henning

From: AR88 Enthusiast on

"Michel Posseth [MCP]" <msdn(a)posseth.com> wrote in message

and code Basic since the mid eighties ( CBM64 )

Sniff! Bl88dy newbie!

From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
Henning,

You show that you are not aware how more complex .Nxt is then only VB6.

My post was only a reaction on the consequent messages here that VB6 is so
different from VB10.
(I made two mistakes in it, but nitpickers make of course a complete
mountain from it. If I see how long answering threads are in this
newsgroups, then I am surely not the only one in that, or you should tell
that you can do that and an MVP not, because an MVP has to be much better
then you in VB6, I can assure you I most probably am not)

I've seen here in this newsgroup that there are much and really very much
more differences between VB1 and VB6 then between VB6 and VB10, which are
equal steps. (There has been also VB7.1 as a complete version which has
language additions. I save you the examples because that makes no sense in
this newsgroup)

And start picking the nits from it. I am awaiting for those. And as always,
pay no attention to the more reality in this message.

Cor

From: Henning on
Cor,

I am very aware of the difference between VB10 and VB6, that is why your
posting of VB10 code as a reply to a VB6 question is only confusing.

Right, those mistakes show that already in declaring variables the
difference is not compileable in VB6.

I know that you know the reason why you are attacked when deliberately
posting VB10 code. In my opinion it *is* worse than posting not working VB6
code as a reply to a VB3 question.

Isn't it easier to not post at all, than posting code that doesn't compile
in VB6?

Can we stop this now and try our best to post only working code in the
relevant group.

/Henning