From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
This was a good newsgroup and I recommend it often in the forums.

However, it becomes more and more a population by only of mud throwers.

I did my best to create a VB6 sample that contained the Split and the
Replace because that was obvious an answer for a problem.

The Trolls in this forum spoiled it again.

When do you also give a comment too those trolls, there are still persons
using VB6, who want to benefit from your knowledge.

Cor

From: Henning on

"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> skrev i meddelandet
> This was a good newsgroup and I recommend it often in the forums.
>
> However, it becomes more and more a population by only of mud throwers.
>
> I did my best to create a VB6 sample that contained the Split and the
> Replace because that was obvious an answer for a problem.
>
> The Trolls in this forum spoiled it again.
>
> When do you also give a comment too those trolls, there are still persons
> using VB6, who want to benefit from your knowledge.
>
> Cor

You are always welcome to post *VB6* or earlier code, but please keep out
not working dotnet code! Do you have a problem with that?

/Henning

From: Mike Williams on
"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote in message

> This was a good newsgroup and I recommend
> it often in the forums.

It still is a good newsgroup, and it would be even better if people such as
yourself stopped posting their dotnet evangelism messages here.

> I did my best to create a VB6 sample that contained
> the Split and the Replace because that was obvious
> an answer for a problem.

But answers containing Split and Replace had ALREADY been posted, long
before you posted your own message, and the code they contained was written
in VB6 and would actually compile in VB6, whereas the code in your message
was NOT written in VB6 and would NOT compile in it. We all know why you
really posted your message, Cor, and that is for the dotnet evangelism that
it contained, which of course was the real purpose of your post.

You are clearly a troll.

Mike

From: C. Kevin Provance on

:
: However, it becomes more and more a population by only of mud throwers.
:
: I did my best to create a VB6 sample that contained the Split and the
: Replace because that was obvious an answer for a problem.
:
: The Trolls in this forum spoiled it again.
:
: When do you also give a comment too those trolls, there are still persons
: using VB6, who want to benefit from your knowledge.

I'm reminded of an adage regarding heat and getting out of the kitchen if you can't stand it. Apply as needed. Asking others to fight you battles for you not only makes you a troll, but very douchy in appearance.

From: MikeD on

"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote in message

> "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote in message
> : This was a good newsgroup and I recommend it often in the forums.
> :
> : However, it becomes more and more a population by only of mud throwers.
> :
> : I did my best to create a VB6 sample that contained the Split and the
> : Replace because that was obvious an answer for a problem.
> :
> : The Trolls in this forum spoiled it again.
> :
> : When do you also give a comment too those trolls, there are still
> persons
> : using VB6, who want to benefit from your knowledge.
>
> I'm reminded of an adage regarding heat and getting out of the kitchen if
> you can't stand it. Apply as needed. Asking others to fight you battles
> for you not only makes you a troll, but very douchy in appearance.

I realize I'm going against what I'm about to say, but it can't be helped.
<g>

Why do you guys even reply to Cor? You've both said it yourself that you
believe the reason he posts here is partly to increase his MVP post numbers.
By replying to ANY of his posts, you're just fueling the fire. I don't want
this newsgroup to become a .NET newsgroup in any way, shape, or form. But
some are just making things worse with your posts to certain people. Some of
the "evangelists", as you call them, only post to antagonize. Ignore them
and they won't get any satisfaction from it.

--
Mike