From: Peter Venkman on
The items are still appearing in the GAL. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks.

From: Peter Venkman on

From: Karl Mitschke on
Hello Peter,

> The items are still appearing in the GAL. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated. Thanks.
>
> On May 6, 1:33 pm, Peter Venkman <pau...(a)iona.com> wrote:
>
>> I will try that now. I tried the get-GlobalAddressList | Update-
>> GlobalAddressList command earlier.
>>
>> They both appear to have errored out on the same 24 objects with the
>> "{domain}/Microsoft Excange System Objects/{object name} is invalid
>> and could not be updated" error, but we have many thousands of
>> objects in our environment and non of them being listed is a hidden
>> mailbox that is still showing up.
>>
>> On May 6, 12:38 pm, Karl Mitschke <karlmitsc...(a)somestate.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Peter,

>>> Are your address lists updated?
>>>
>>> Try this, in Exchange Management Shell:
>>>
>>> Get-AddressList | Update-AddressList
>>>
>>> Karlhttp://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/

Do the appear in OWA?

From: Peter Venkman on
Hi Karl,

Yes, they appear in OWA, which is why I don't think it's an OAB
generation/download issue.

From: Karl Mitschke on
Hello Peter,

> Hi Karl,
>
> Yes, they appear in OWA, which is why I don't think it's an OAB
> generation/download issue.
>
> On May 7, 11:37 am, Karl Mitschke <karlmitsc...(a)somestate.gov> wrote:
>
>> Hello Peter,
>>
>>> The items are still appearing in the GAL. Any suggestions would be
>>> appreciated. Thanks.

>> Do the appear in OWA?
>>
>> Karlhttp://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/

What is the result for this command? (Run in Exchange Management Shell)

Get-Mailbox <alias> |Select-Object Name, HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled

If HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled is False, try:

Set-Mailbox <alias> HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled:$true

Give it some time, and see if the mailbox still shows in the GAL.