From: Peter Venkman on
Hi,

We just migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2007 and have started noticing
this issue. When we chose the option in a user's mailbox to "Hide
from Exchange Address Lists", it will still show up in the GAL. It
doesn't matter whether this is done through the new Exchange
Management Console or through AD Users and Computers. It appears
selected in both instances. It isn't just the OAB causing a problem
either because checking through webmail shows the mailboxes still in
the online GAL. Any ideas?
From: Fritz on
Is your RUS working as expected?

From: Peter Venkman on
I thought RUS was removed in Exchange 2007. We have no Exchange 2003
servers left in our environment.

From: Karl Mitschke on
Hello Peter,

> I thought RUS was removed in Exchange 2007. We have no Exchange 2003
> servers left in our environment.
>
> On May 5, 5:10 pm, "Fritz" <f...(a)biteme.com> wrote:
>
>> Is your RUS working as expected?
>>
>> "Peter Venkman" <pau...(a)iona.com> wrote in message

>> m...
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We just migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2007 and have started
>>> noticing this issue. When we chose the option in a user's mailbox
>>> to "Hide from Exchange Address Lists", it will still show up in the
>>> GAL. It doesn't matter whether this is done through the new
>>> Exchange Management Console or through AD Users and Computers. It
>>> appears selected in both instances. It isn't just the OAB causing a
>>> problem either because checking through webmail shows the mailboxes
>>> still in the online GAL. Any ideas?

Are your address lists updated?

Try this, in Exchange Management Shell:

Get-AddressList | Update-AddressList

Karl
http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/

From: Peter Venkman on
I will try that now. I tried the get-GlobalAddressList | Update-
GlobalAddressList command earlier.

They both appear to have errored out on the same 24 objects with the
"{domain}/Microsoft Excange System Objects/{object name} is invalid
and could not be updated" error, but we have many thousands of objects
in our environment and non of them being listed is a hidden mailbox
that is still showing up.