From: Gazwad on
How many people are still using XP as their main operating system?
How many people need to hang onto XP because Vista or 7 are not an option
for some reason?
What are those reasons?

Gazwad

--
Gritz is,- Smelling diseased body parts and lemon sauce accompanied
with foul cadaver foreskins accentuated with piggish raven belly and

From: Rodolf van de Mismaaksel on
Gazwad caterwauled:

> How many people are still using XP as their main operating system?

Not me.

> How many people need to hang onto XP because Vista or 7 are not an option
> for some reason?

Not me.

> What are those reasons?

None.

> Gazwad
>
> --
> Gritz is,- Smelling diseased body parts and lemon sauce accompanied
> with foul cadaver foreskins accentuated with piggish raven belly and
> garden worm vomit topping, cooked in a bubbling double boiler with a
> slew of rare cooked rutabaga, dried assortment of conch, bone marrow
> gravy, a side of foetal water turkey skin and a stein of clotted
> scallop puree.

Mmm, Gritz.

--
Gritz is,- Screwed up ringtail monkey ligament and amphibian bowels
topping with fondued blight aside repellent horse flies and banana

From: Sjouke Burry on
Gazwad wrote:
> How many people are still using XP as their main operating system?
> How many people need to hang onto XP because Vista or 7 are not an option
> for some reason?
> What are those reasons?
>
> Gazwad

Advice: always skip al least one or two M# "improvements".

Like: I went from dos/win3.11 for workgroups to xp(pro).

Next one might be the successor of win7.

Additional advise: Wait two years past the introduction date.
That will save you from an awfull lot of bugs, M$ uses you
as beta tester without warning you..
From: Gazwad on
Gazwad spilled:

> How many people are still using XP as their main operating system?
> How many people need to hang onto XP because Vista or 7 are not an option
> for some reason?
> What are those reasons?
>
> Gazwad

Using XP HE, XP Pro, XP 64bit, Vista Ultimate 32bit, Win 7 Home Premium
32bit, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.
And some other stuff.

--
Gritz is,- Beat-up roadkill giblet and marten intestine garnish with
sizzled tapeworm vein, arranged in a chilled bucket brimming with dull

From: Auric__ on
On Fri, 28 May 2010 23:47:04 GMT, Gazwad wrote:

> How many people are still using XP as their main operating system?

It's not my *main* operating system -- that would be Linux -- but XP is the
version of Windows I use.

> How many people need to hang onto XP because Vista or 7 are not an option
> for some reason?

"Need to"? Not I.

"Do so because my Windows games don't like running on non-Windows OS's?"
Yeah, that's it.

> What are those reasons?

I hate Vista and Windows 7. Reason enough IMO.

(Also, my computers are way down on the low end of the hardware list, and I'm
not about to buy a new computer just so I can buy *yet another* version of
Windows that I don't need.)

--
Remember: opinions are worthless.
 |  Next  |  Last