From: gagecres on
Here is the code I am using:

With Me.RecordsetClone
.MoveLast
Me.txt_Rec_Count.Value = Me.CurrentRecord & " of " & .RecordCount &
" line(s)"
End With

Also, I commented out the OnLoad lines

From: gagecres on
It is still not showing the correct total number. Here is my code:

Private Sub Form_Current()
intX = DCount("*", "Heirs Table")

If intX < 1 Then
Me.txt_Rec_Count.Value = "0"
Else
Me.txt_Rec_Count.Value = "Heir # " & CurrentRecord & " of " &
RecordsetClone.RecordCount
End If
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst
End Sub

From: Gina Whipp on
Is me txtRec_Count a numeric field? OR just and unbound text box? Please
remove *.Value* Is this a form or subform and does it have any records?

What message if any do you get?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
Try checking the RecordCount of RecordsetClone, and breaking up the code a
little:

Debug.Print Me.RecordsetClone.RecordCount

Me.RecordsetClone.MoveLast
Me.txt_Rec_Count = Me.CurrentRecord & " of " & Me.RecordsetClone.RecordCount
& " line(s)"

Rather than using the Load event, perhaps something like this:

Dim lngCount as Long
Dim strCount as String

lngCount = Me.RecordsetClone.RecordCount

If lngCount = 0 Then
strCount = "First Record"
Else
strCount = Me.CurrentRecord & " of " & Me.RecordsetClone.RecordCount & "
line(s)"
End If

Me.txt_Rec_Count = strCount

From: gagecres on
txt_Rec_Count is an unbound text box. I removed ".Value" and still got the
same No Current Record error. The form is a subform and yes it does have
records in it.