From: PlarfySoober on

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Outlook templates can only be used for email messages. You need to create
> the template in Word.

I confused things when I used the term, "standard letter". By that I meant a
letter I sent to all EMAIL recipients in a group. NOT an MS Word letter that
might be printed up and delivered.

I'm asking about Outlook templates, only. And I can't seem to use the one I
created. Sorry for the inexact language.

Don.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
if you saved it to the hard drive, look in %appdata%\microsoft\templates -
you can paste it into Windows Explorer address field to open explorer to
that folder.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: PlarfySoober on
Diane,

Thanks for staying with this.

I created a standard reply in a template in Outlook.

Now, I need to create a rule to send that template reply to all people who
have used certain words in their emails to me.

When I create the rule (Mail>Tools>Rules & Alerts>Create Rule>Start from a
Blank Rule), I check the box (Apply this Rule After Mail Arrives>With
Specific Words in the Subject>Reply using a Specific Template) and it is here
I go wrong. When I click on the link, I don't see the template I created
earlier.

And none of the dropdowns (e.g., Templates, Stationery, etc.) contains any
templates at all. Yet, when I try to compose an email, all templates appear
when I click to retrieve one.

I THOUGHT that I could click on the link above (Apply this Rule After Mail
Arrives>With Specific Words in the Subject>Reply using a Specific Template)
and the template I created, along with all other templates, would show up.
They don't. And none of the folders in that window has any templates in it at
all.

Apparently this software doesn't work as I expected, so I guess what I'm
asking is, how does it work to use a template already created?

Thanks again.

Don.