From: PlarfySoober on
I created a standard reply in a template in Outlook.

Now, I need to create a rule to send that template reply to all people who
have used certain words in their emails to me.

However, the template does not appear in any folder I have tried. Even the
default folder has only one template, "mail". Where has Outlook put my
template, do you suppose? A search has not revealed it, presumably because
templates are not actually files.

For that matter, how is it that no other (i.e., the shipping templates) show
up when I look for the template where it defaults to?

Thanks.

Don.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
The default "templates" are actually published forms.

Did you save your template to the hard drive or publish it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: PlarfySoober on
Diane Poremsky,

Thanks for replying. I saved it. I don't believe there was an option for
publishing. I must have missed it if there was one.

Can I publish it now? It shows in the list of templates, just not when I try
to retrieve it as a template for the standard email I'm trying to send.

Don.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
It should be available when you browse for a template when sending mail.
While you could publish it, not all templates work well as published forms.
you can find the template and copy to a folder in Outlook- I use a folder
called Templates. The one you saved should be at
%appdata%\Microsoft\templates.

From: PlarfySoober on
It is in fact there when i browse for a template when sending email. But it's
not there when I try to create a standard letter.

The terminology, I'm afraid, is confusing me. I created the template, I
thought, and it shows up when I look at the list of possible templates along
with the shipping templates.

But when I try to use it in a form letter, it ain't there.

Don.