From: Steve Rindsberg on

> The biggest single gripe is they replaced the File, Edit, View, etc...
> structure with this ribbon thing. File, Edit, View, etc... is the same basic
> structure that has been around in every PC application since like windows
> zero. We're all used to it.

That was basically my gripe. One of them, anyhow. There are several add-ins
available that create a pseudo-old-style menu bar in 2007. If you need to move
between versions, that wouldn't be a bad approach.

If you use only 2007, it's probably best to heave a heavy sigh, go out and buy some
bullets to bite, and get used to it. Or maybe wait until 2010 comes out and start
fresh with it. A few more changes to come ...

One of the suggestions here may be useful:

PowerPoint 2007 equivalents of older version commands (and Commando)
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00845.htm

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint