From: Mike944 on
I can not seem to set the default arrowhead shape in powerpoint 2007.

right click --> "set default line" does not seem to capture the arrowhead.

I don't like the open arrowhead, and want to set the default to be a closed
arrowhead.
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <398CE985-EF8E-4617-AC8D-742A90C07C43(a)microsoft.com>, Mike944
wrote:
> I can not seem to set the default arrowhead shape in powerpoint 2007.
>
> right click --> "set default line" does not seem to capture the arrowhead.
>
> I don't like the open arrowhead, and want to set the default to be a closed
> arrowhead.

Good catch, Mike. Clearly a bug; I've reported it.

And testing it turned up another bug, but one you might find useful.

If you rightclick an arrow, you'll notice that the option reads "Set defaults
for line". Line, not arrow.

That's clearly buggy, but in fact if you choose it, it sets the defaults for
lines. Arrows you insert afterward will ignore your requested settings, but
LINES will now have the arrowhead settings you wanted for your arrows.

If the outside world were as squirrely as PPT2007, the birds would all die of
starvation.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Mike944 on

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> In article <398CE985-EF8E-4617-AC8D-742A90C07C43(a)microsoft.com>, Mike944
> wrote:
> > I can not seem to set the default arrowhead shape in powerpoint 2007.
> >
> > right click --> "set default line" does not seem to capture the arrowhead.
> >
> > I don't like the open arrowhead, and want to set the default to be a closed
> > arrowhead.
>
> Good catch, Mike. Clearly a bug; I've reported it.
>
> And testing it turned up another bug, but one you might find useful.
>
> If you rightclick an arrow, you'll notice that the option reads "Set defaults
> for line". Line, not arrow.
>
> That's clearly buggy, but in fact if you choose it, it sets the defaults for
> lines. Arrows you insert afterward will ignore your requested settings, but
> LINES will now have the arrowhead settings you wanted for your arrows.
>
> If the outside world were as squirrely as PPT2007, the birds would all die of
> starvation.
>

> ==============================
> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> http://www.pptools.com/
>

> .

If you ask me......the entire office 2007 is one giant bug :-( I just
can't see why they felt the need to completely screw with something that
wasn't broken in the first place. Unfortunately, my company has upgraded,
so i'm forced to use it. I'm loathing it every day.
From: Steve Rindsberg on

> If you ask me......the entire office 2007 is one giant bug :-( I just
> can't see why they felt the need to completely screw with something that
> wasn't broken in the first place. Unfortunately, my company has upgraded,
> so i'm forced to use it. I'm loathing it every day.

I can understand that. Some people love it, some hate it. Go figure.

If you can pinpoint specifics that make you crazy, c'mon back and mention it.

We can't make it go away but maybe somebody's got some digital aspirin or gin to
dull the pain. ;-)

==============================

From: Mike944 on
"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> > If you ask me......the entire office 2007 is one giant bug :-( I just
> > can't see why they felt the need to completely screw with something that
> > wasn't broken in the first place. Unfortunately, my company has upgraded,
> > so i'm forced to use it. I'm loathing it every day.
>
> I can understand that. Some people love it, some hate it. Go figure.
>
> If you can pinpoint specifics that make you crazy, c'mon back and mention it.
>
> We can't make it go away but maybe somebody's got some digital aspirin or gin to
> dull the pain. ;-)

No specific items, i just don't like the fact that they basically moved
everything, which forces almost a complete re-learn from scratch. I've been
using Office since it came out, and all of a sudden, i'm back to day 1. I
cant find anything anymore.

The biggest single gripe is they replaced the File, Edit, View, etc...
structure with this ribbon thing. File, Edit, View, etc... is the same basic
structure that has been around in every PC application since like windows
zero. We're all used to it. It would be like car manufacturers
rearranging the gas, brake, clutch, steering wheel into different positions,
just because they thought people might like to steer with their feet now.
Would it work? sure, but nobody would know how to drive a car anymore.

I'm not opposed to change, when there is a reason for it. I just can't see
any reason for this, except to confuse everyone.