From: PD on
On Aug 11, 9:48 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >>     No Seto, you FAIL to understand relativity. Hopelessly lost in the
> >>     abyss of ignorance.
>
> > Wormy it is you who failed to understand relativity and the simple
> > fact that the cosmic muon's clock second is worth gamma-seconds on
> > the  lab clock.
>
> > Ken Seto
>
>    Ken--We observe that your understanding of "relativity" is at odds
>    with all the printed literature (textbooks and scientific papers)
>    available in university and public libraries and on the world wide
>    web. Other than a few crackpots and trolls on USENET, everybody else
>    is trying to help you understand that you are WRONG!

Ken cannot accept that he is wrong. It leaves him emotionally shaky.
If the whole world thinks relativity says one thing, and he thinks it
says another, then Ken believes that he is right and the world is
wrong. And he came to this conclusion after reading a chapter in a
freshman physics text, A Brief History of Time, and what he could
glean from a usenet group!
Ken is a bit off in the head.
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/12/10 11:15 AM, Koobee Wublee wrote:
> Koobee Wublee has said the following.
>
> �Nothing ages in proper time. Instead, everything ages in its local
> coordinate time.�

"In relativity, proper time is time measured by a single clock between
events that occur at the same place as the clock. It depends not only on
the events but also on the motion of the clock between the events. An
accelerated clock will measure a proper time between two events that is
shorter than the coordinate time measured by a non-accelerated
(inertial) clock between the same events".

Koobie FAILS to understand that "aging" continues un-abate, as does
the increase of entropy in closed systems... in proper time.
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/12/10 11:46 AM, Sam Wormley wrote:
> On 8/12/10 11:15 AM, Koobee Wublee wrote:
>> Koobee Wublee has said the following.
>>
>> �Nothing ages in proper time. Instead, everything ages in its local
>> coordinate time.�
>

> "In relativity, proper time is time measured by a single clock between
> events that occur at the same place as the clock. It depends not only on
> the events but also on the motion of the clock between the events. An
> accelerated clock will measure a proper time between two events that is
> shorter than the coordinate time measured by a non-accelerated
> (inertial) clock between the same events".
>
> Koobie FAILS to understand that "aging" continues un-abate, as does
> the increase of entropy in closed systems... in proper time.

"By contrast, coordinate time is the time between two events as measured
by a distant observer using that observer's own method of assigning a
time to an event. In the special case of an inertial observer in special
relativity, the time is measured using the observer's clock and the
observer's definition of simultaneity. A Euclidean geometrical analogy
is that coordinate time is like distance measured with a straight
vertical ruler, whereas proper time is like distance measured with a
tape measure. If the tape measure is taut and vertical it measures the
same as the ruler, but if the tape measure is not taut, or taut but not
vertical, it will not measure the same as the ruler".

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proper_time