From: BURT on
If you watched a clock that you are passing at high speed; if you are
the one aging slower how can you see that it is aging more than you
but ticking slower than you at the same time?

If time dilation is mutual then one twin cannot age any different than
the other. But one does.

Please prove that time only appears slower. I say to you that you will
see the station's clock always running faster and mutual is an excuse;
If you are the one that accelerated as the station did not. The
difference is you felt weight at acceleration that the station doesn't
know about.

Mitch Raemsch
From: kenseto on
On Aug 8, 1:06 am, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you watched a clock that you are passing at high speed; if  you are
> the one aging slower how can you see that it is aging more than you
> but ticking slower than you at the same time?

The SRians will claim that your assumption that you are the one aging
slower is a bogus assumption. IN SR, every SR observer (including you)
will assert that all clocks moving wrt him are running slow by a
factor of 1/gamma.

> If time dilation is mutual then one twin cannot age any different than
> the other. But one does.

Every SR observer predicts that all clocks moving wrt him are running
slow by a factor of 1/gamma. This prediction is correct for some
clocks but not for all the clocks. This is the reason why SR has a
limited domain of applicability. To make SR complete an SR observer
must include the possibility that an observed clock can run fast by a
factor of gamma.

Ken Seto

From: Sam Wormley on
Seto -- This phrase you banter about, "MUTUAL TIME DILATION" is
indicative of the idea that you think you can have more than one
perspective simultaneously.

You can only have one and relativity theory predicts what you
will measure EVERY TIME!

Just because A and B, in relative motion will each measure time
dilation in the others clock, DOES NOT mean you can observer both
simultaneously. Pick one or the other and relativity is correct
every time!

From: Gc on
On 8 elo, 08:06, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you watched a clock that you are passing at high speed; if  you are
> the one aging slower how can you see that it is aging more than you
> but ticking slower than you at the same time?

All the important stuff in the twin paradox happens when the twin in
the spacecraft feels acceleration (it has to turn at some point if it
comes back to earth). The "aging difference effect" happens just when
the acceleration does.

> If time dilation is mutual then one twin cannot age any different than
> the other. But one does.

Notice that in SR only inertial coordinates are equivalent.

> Please prove that time only appears slower. I say to you that you will
> see the station's clock always running faster and mutual is an excuse;
> If you are the one that accelerated as the station  did not. The
> difference is you felt weight at acceleration that the station doesn't
> know about.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

Yes, like I said you see the station`s clock go slower, until you get
out from inertial coordinates.
From: kenseto on
On Aug 8, 9:53 am, Gc <gcut...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 elo, 08:06, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > If you watched a clock that you are passing at high speed; if  you are
> > the one aging slower how can you see that it is aging more than you
> > but ticking slower than you at the same time?
>
> All the important stuff in the twin paradox happens when the twin in
> the spacecraft feels acceleration (it has to turn at some point if it
> comes back to earth). The "aging difference  effect" happens just when
> the acceleration does.
>
> > If time dilation is mutual then one twin cannot age any different than
> > the other. But one does.
>
> Notice that in SR only inertial coordinates are equivalent.

Since no place on earth can be connsidered inertial does that mean
that SR is not valid on earth?

Ken Seto