From: Gc on
On 8 elo, 17:13, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 9:53 am, Gc <gcut...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 8 elo, 08:06, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > If you watched a clock that you are passing at high speed; if  you are
> > > the one aging slower how can you see that it is aging more than you
> > > but ticking slower than you at the same time?
>
> > All the important stuff in the twin paradox happens when the twin in
> > the spacecraft feels acceleration (it has to turn at some point if it
> > comes back to earth). The "aging difference  effect" happens just when
> > the acceleration does.
>
> > > If time dilation is mutual then one twin cannot age any different than
> > > the other. But one does.
>
> > Notice that in SR only inertial coordinates are equivalent.
>
> Since no place on earth can be connsidered inertial does that mean
> that SR is not valid on earth?

Of course we are talking about approximations here. But to your
question: No, because the asumptions don`t apply exactly, but they in
some situations apply approximately on earth.
From: Mathal on
On Aug 8, 6:53 am, Gc <gcut...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 elo, 08:06, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > If you watched a clock that you are passing at high speed; if  you are
> > the one aging slower how can you see that it is aging more than you
> > but ticking slower than you at the same time?
>
> All the important stuff in the twin paradox happens when the twin in
> the spacecraft feels acceleration (it has to turn at some point if it
> comes back to earth). The "aging difference  effect" happens just when
> the acceleration does.

No. The aging difference effect is due to a difference in relative
velocity. If you get up and go for a walk you will be younger than the
'you' who decided instead to just sit in one place. Not much younger,
but younger.
Mathal

From: Gc on
On 8 elo, 17:18, Mathal <mathmusi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 6:53 am, Gc <gcut...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:> On 8 elo, 08:06, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > If you watched a clock that you are passing at high speed; if  you are
> > > the one aging slower how can you see that it is aging more than you
> > > but ticking slower than you at the same time?
>
> > All the important stuff in the twin paradox happens when the twin in
> > the spacecraft feels acceleration (it has to turn at some point if it
> > comes back to earth). The "aging difference  effect" happens just when
> > the acceleration does.
>
>    No. The aging difference effect is due to a difference in relative
> velocity. If you get up and go for a walk you will be younger than the
> 'you' who decided instead to just sit in one place. Not much younger,
> but younger.

No, your proper time is of course different then and that is solely
because you _felt more acceralation_.
From: rotchm on
> Since no place on earth can be connsidered inertial does that mean
> that SR is not valid on earth?

Whoah! You and the OP must be happy that *I* am replying.

Anw, ken, on earth, SR is applicable there where it works, else
"there" is considered a non i-frame.
From: rotchm on
The OP's one line proses no longer attract attention, so he is
elaborating a little more than usual.
Dont be fooled, he is just here to make reactions and tease his
willie. Never reply to him.

> All the important stuff in the twin paradox happens when the twin in
> the spacecraft feels acceleration (it has to turn at some point if it
> comes back to earth). The "aging difference  effect" happens just when
> the acceleration does.

No, this is not true. The aging difference happens too during the
inertal travels.
Moreover, there are variants of the twin paradox which do not involve
any accelerations
whatsoever yet still arrive at the same "twin paradox" conclusion.