From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/10/10 3:53 AM, G. L. Bradford wrote:
> I thought the universe is closed, spacetime curves
> on itself, etc. How can it also be flat? Does not compute -

With in the error of measurement, the universe is flat.
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmo_03.htm#SC

See: http://lambda.gsfc.nasa.gov/product/map/current/map_bibliography.cfm

Read: Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) Three Year
Observations: Implications for Cosmology
http://lambda.gsfc.nasa.gov/product/map/dr2/pub_papers/threeyear/parameters/wmap_3yr_param.pdf
From: PD on
On Aug 10, 2:15 am, Koobee Wublee <koobee.wub...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 11:02 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 9, 12:30 pm, Koobee Wublee wrote:
> > > Einstein the nitwit, the plagiarist, and the liar was the first,
> > > perhaps persuaded by others, to claim the acceleration thing would
> > > lead to no paradox.  However, there was and has been no mathematics
> > > showing how acceleration breaks the symmetry that manifests the twins’
> > > paradox.  <shrug>
>
> > Don't be silly.
>
> I have never been.  <shrug>
>
> > The mathematics is the integration of the proper time
> > along the world lines of the two twins.
>
> That is never correct.  <shrug>

:>)
Well, there's always the "I don't believe it, and you can't make me"
approach.
Have fun with that.

> > Then it is OBVIOUS they are different.
>
> You are sprouting nonsense as usual.  <shrug>
>
> > This directly attributable to one of the world lines being
> > less straight than the other.
>
> Babbling in your dream world of fouled mathematics again, professor-
> want-to-be PD?
>
> > Your being oblivious to the mathematics doesn't mean that this is not
> > a straightforward demonstration shown in many books.
>
> You are utterly delusional drowning in your cesspool of fermented
> diarrhea of Einstein that nitwit, that plagiarist, and that liar.
> <shrug>
>
> > Penrose's Road to
> > Reality does this in a half-page, for example.
>
> What did he say?

Read it. I assume you can read.

From: kenseto on
On Aug 10, 9:32 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/10/10 7:52 AM, kenseto wrote:
>
> > There is no such thing as absolute time dilation. From the cosmic muon
> > point of view the lab muon has a life time of 2.2us/gamma.
>
>    Wrong--From the perspective of any muon, its mean lifetime is 2.2 µs.
>    Seto FAILS to understand relativity.

No idiot....the cosmic muon clock second has longer duration the the
lab clock second. Therefore SR and IRT predicts that from the cosmic
muon point of view the lab muon has a lifetime of 2.2us(cosmic muon
time)/gamma.

Ken Seto
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/10/10 7:56 AM, kenseto wrote:
> What causes the different observations if the physics are the same? Is
> it because the observer and the observed object are in a state of
> individual motion?

Consider two inertial observers, A and B at different distances
from a lightning strike, LS, such that

A--------------LS------------------------------B

All the laws of physics are identical for A and B, but they
OBSERVE the lightning strike at different times.

In another scenario A and LS have a relative velocity of
zero, but B is receding from A and LS at velocity, v.

A--------------LS------------------------------B
0 v

A measures the duration of the Lightning Strike as ∆t_LS
whereas B measures the duration of the lightning strike
as γ ∆t_LS, where v is the relative velocity between LS
and B, and γ = 1/√(1-v^2/c^2) .

The physics is the same for A and B, but the observations of
A and B are quite different.

From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/10/10 9:04 AM, kenseto wrote:
> On Aug 10, 9:32 am, Sam Wormley<sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/10/10 7:52 AM, kenseto wrote:
>>
>>> There is no such thing as absolute time dilation. From the cosmic muon
>>> point of view the lab muon has a life time of 2.2us/gamma.
>>
>> Wrong--From the perspective of any muon, its mean lifetime is 2.2 �s.
>> Seto FAILS to understand relativity.
>
> No idiot....the cosmic muon clock second has longer duration the the
> lab clock second. Therefore SR and IRT predicts that from the cosmic
> muon point of view the lab muon has a lifetime of 2.2us(cosmic muon
> time)/gamma.
>
> Ken Seto

Cosmic muons FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE GROUND OBSERVER do
exhibit time dilation predicted by special relativity. However,
from the PERSPECTIVE OF THE MUON, there is no time dilation and
the muon has a mean lifetime is 2.2 �s.

Seto, you FAIL to understand relativity!