From: m on

What company is it that you work for again? That way I can be sure never to
by anything they offer ...

Seriously, think about what you want to achieve and how you think that this
will help you before proceeding. Take a step back and remember how the OS
operates and how security is enforced before trying to write an anti-malware
something

From: sarshah20 on
Thanks everyone for their response. I do understand the apprehensions
that are being discussed. The problem is that, i cant disclose the
entire idea because its IP. Otherwise it would make some sense. I need
to conduct some experiments at this stage and there were some issues i
am facing. So i really appreciate the feedback (positive or negative,
insulting or otherwise). Please do keep them coming.

Thanks everyone for their help.
sarshah.

From: Marvin Landman on
You are either writing an ordinary malware or a malware that takes over
another malware without being noticed by the other malware.

On the other hand if are not and you believe that writing a tool that
can either detect, disable, or remove malware (more precisely rootkits)
is possible while they are online you must be a fool.

Since I doubt that you are a fool you are most likely trying to work
around hooks of a specific malware (because that's possible) I'm pretty
much sure that you are writing malware.

Marvin

From: m on
So, to put a fine point on it, you would like community help to implement
your trade secret! I don't mean to be insulting, but if that doesn't raise
alarm bells, then I am not sure what should. Usually, those who have trade
secrets don't need to ask for help about fundamental elements of their
secret ;)

I suspect that you have an idea of how an anti-malware device might be
constructed and are seeking to prototype it. I think I can guess what you
are trying to do, but for your sake won't post it to usernet. You should
know, however, that this kind of design has been tried before and inevitably
fails miserably because it can always be circumvented by a malware author
with knowledge. Unless you are trying to defend against a specific binary,
you can't succeed except probabilistically.

From: Hector Santos on
What is it about these darn patent trolls!? At least in the past,
they will do things in secret, on their own and write frivolous
patents. Now they are in your FACE, in public, and they want your
nonchalant HELP in their own work, likes nothing, likes its alright to
behave like this. Talk about cajones, being naive and just losers!
Its like they have NO other way or capability to do anything but have
an "IDEA" they think did not exist in their little world, therefore it
must be unique!

Disgusting.

HLS