From: Chris Becke on
On 15/04/2010 21:47, Marvin Landman wrote:
> You are either writing an ordinary malware or a malware that takes over
> another malware without being noticed by the other malware.

Because obviously developers who question conventional wisdom are evil?

I don't understand why people who have nothing positive to contribute
feel compelled to contribute nonetheless.

So what if he is writing malware? At the very least, non malware
developers in this forum get exposure to the techniques used, and,
maybe, someday, someone witha white hat will use that knowledge to make
a tool that can remove malware, reliably, thats "online".

Or we could continue to squat in the darkness, and throw poo at anyone
who dares to suggest we should investigate the positive uses of fire.
From: sarshah20 on
Thanks everyone for their support and ideas. I did not know that
community help was forbidden in case someone is working on an
undisclosed idea/experiment. I am sure that there are a lot of people
who work for software firms and ask plenty of questions here related
to their work without disclosing much. Anyway, thanks to Roger, Don,
Chris for support and most relevant answers to the core question.

May be we all need to be a bit more brave, think positive and support
those who are trying to fight malwares. I will definitely seek further
help from the community if i run into any issue.

sarshah.

From: sarshah20 on
Thanks Hector. Point taken.

sarshah.