From: Kenny McCormack on
In article <hgoe6n$nu1$1(a)aioe.org>,
Golden California Girls <gldncagrls(a)aol.com.mil> wrote:
>>> Depends on the tool you use. networksetup is your friend here.
>>> man networksetup
>>
>> $ man networksetup
>> No manual entry for networksetup
>> $
>
>What version are you running?
>
>http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/networksetup.8.html

Presumably, an older version that doesn't have that man page.

Anyway, thanks for the link; I'll check it out.

From: Golden California Girls on
Kenny McCormack wrote:
>>> $ man networksetup
>>> No manual entry for networksetup
>>> $
>> What version are you running?
>>
>> http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/networksetup.8.html
>
> Presumably, an older version that doesn't have that man page.
>
> Anyway, thanks for the link; I'll check it out.

Possibly, but I don't know, that the man page and the app are only installed if
you also install xcode. A lot of good stuff only gets installed if you install
xcode. I know I have it in 10.5, but I have xcode installed.

From: Ralph Böhme on
Golden California Girls <gldncagrls(a)aol.com.mil> schrieb:
> Kenny McCormack wrote:
>>> What version are you running?
>>>
>>> http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/networksetup.8.html
>>
>> Presumably, an older version that doesn't have that man page.
>>
>> Anyway, thanks for the link; I'll check it out.

> Possibly, but I don't know, that the man page and the app are only installed if
> you also install xcode. A lot of good stuff only gets installed if you install
> xcode. I know I have it in 10.5, but I have xcode installed.

Me too. But afair it has been on board by default since 10.5.

-Ralph

--
s/-nsp// for mail
From: Kenny McCormack on
In article <hgpqm3$44c$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
Ralph Böhme <ralph-nsp(a)rsrc.de> wrote:
>>> Presumably, an older version that doesn't have that man page.
>>>
>>> Anyway, thanks for the link; I'll check it out.
>
>> Possibly, but I don't know, that the man page and the app are only
>> installed if you also install xcode. A lot of good stuff only gets
>> installed if you install xcode. I know I have it in 10.5, but I have
>> xcode installed.
>
>Me too. But afair it has been on board by default since 10.5.

I have 10.4, and it doesn't not have that command (at least it isn't on
my PATH, the last time I checked). So, the man page doesn't do me much
good. At the URL, it says the command came in in 10.6...

From: Ralph Böhme on
Kenny McCormack <gazelle(a)shell.xmission.com> schrieb:

>>> Possibly, but I don't know, that the man page and the app are only
>>> installed if you also install xcode. A lot of good stuff only gets
>>> installed if you install xcode. I know I have it in 10.5, but I have
>>> xcode installed.
>>
>>Me too. But afair it has been on board by default since 10.5.

> I have 10.4, and it doesn't not have that command (at least it isn't on
> my PATH, the last time I checked). So, the man page doesn't do me much
> good. At the URL, it says the command came in in 10.6...

In 10.4 afair it was not part of the base system, but part of ARDAgent.app
$ find /System -name '*networksetup*' -print
/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Support/networksetup-jaguar
/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Support/networksetup-panther

I can't remember though if you can use networksetup-panther on tiger.

hth
-Ralph

--
s/-nsp// for mail