From: Howard Brazee on
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/How-to-Talk-Like-a-Programmer-773992/?kc=EWKNLITA05252010STR1

- James Madison
From: Alistair Maclean on
On May 25, 5:13 pm, Howard Brazee <how...(a)brazee.net> wrote:
> http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/How-to-Talk-Like-a-P...
>
> --
> "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found,
> than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace
> to the legislature, and not to the executive department."
>
> - James Madison

The author came up with some nice ones to squirrel away for a rainy
day.
From: Anonymous on
In article <10e47695-0457-4f52-8a9c-c724f5e75b21(a)y12g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
Alistair Maclean <alistair.j.l.maclean(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>On May 25, 5:13?pm, Howard Brazee <how...(a)brazee.net> wrote:
>> http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/How-to-Talk-Like-a-P...
>>
>> --
>> "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found,
>> than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace
>> to the legislature, and not to the executive department."
>>
>> - James Madison
>
>The author came up with some nice ones to squirrel away for a rainy
>day.

'And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past
one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater
purity, the less they are mixed together.' - James Madison

DD

From: Bill Gunshannon on
In article <htjd95$gt0$2(a)reader1.panix.com>,
docdwarf(a)panix.com () writes:
> In article <10e47695-0457-4f52-8a9c-c724f5e75b21(a)y12g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
> Alistair Maclean <alistair.j.l.maclean(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>>On May 25, 5:13?pm, Howard Brazee <how...(a)brazee.net> wrote:
>>> http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/How-to-Talk-Like-a-P...
>>>
>>> --
>>> "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found,
>>> than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace
>>> to the legislature, and not to the executive department."
>>>
>>> - James Madison
>>
>>The author came up with some nice ones to squirrel away for a rainy
>>day.
>
> 'And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past
> one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater
> purity, the less they are mixed together.' - James Madison

I think he was talking about the URL and not the quote by Madison.

My take was that it was yet another example of just how unprofessional
the IT industry has become, in particular in the US. Which may explain
the ease with which business find moving work off shore.

bill

billg999(a)cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton |
Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include <std.disclaimer.h>
From: Anonymous on
In article <864tqhFobU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
Bill Gunshannon <billg999(a)cs.uofs.edu> wrote:
>In article <htjd95$gt0$2(a)reader1.panix.com>,
> docdwarf(a)panix.com () writes:
>> In article
><10e47695-0457-4f52-8a9c-c724f5e75b21(a)y12g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
>> Alistair Maclean <alistair.j.l.maclean(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

>>>The author came up with some nice ones to squirrel away for a rainy
>>>day.
>>
>> 'And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past
>> one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater
>> purity, the less they are mixed together.' - James Madison
>>

>I think he was talking about the URL and not the quote by Madison.

Could be... still a Right Fine Quotation, though.

>My take was that it was yet another example of just how unprofessional
>the IT industry has become, in particular in the US. Which may explain
>the ease with which business find moving work off shore.

I do not see the IT business in the USA as being in any sort of different
condition than any other business in the USA... but perhaps my vision is
limited, aye.

DD

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8