From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 15:44:51 -0600, Peter Granzeau wrote:

> Alas! I erased all of the TOC files for the address book, but the
> dropdown menus still do not appear for Forward To or Redirect To.

But you do see recipients for "New message to"?

> I wonder if this is something that happened with Eudora 7?

No, all fine everywhere else. Did you just update to Eudora 7?

What plugins are you using? (any with ".epi" extension?)

How do the tool buttons look?

Are you sure you have first selected or opened an incoming message?

It is normal for Forward/Redirect to be "grayed out"
when no message is selected or opened.

How about changing the Windows "Theme"
in the "Display" control panel,
or elements in "Appearance" -> "Advanced" in that control panel?

After reading the entire thread,
it's sounding to me more like a Windows issue,
because Eudora has always presented the same list
for all three menu items -- the only difference
I can see is in the possibilty for a "grayed out" menu.

What Windows version & service pack?

What else changed, in the entire environment,
at the time that this behavioral change first came up?

If there are any weird Eudora options which can have any influence
on menus, one can reset everything via "Tools" | "Reset Tools"
(this is supposed to concern just the window settings),
or the more drastic "reset Eudora.ini" (this saves a backup),
which leaves account settings and rips out everything else:
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1929hq.html

There's another way to see what a "never used" setup
would look like, which is to create a brand new empty folder
on your desktop (its name won't matter), then drag and drop
the empty folder's icon onto the Eudora.exe program file;
Eudora will use this empty folder, this one time,
as its "Data" folder, and start the "New Account Wizard" (skip it),
after which you can create a recipient or an address book item,
create a message (no need to send), transfer message to "In,"
and try the same options with this message.

Any plugins accompanying the program files would, however,
still be executing.

From: John H Meyers on
New angle:

HOW MANY items normally appear in your "New Message To" menu?

If there are too many items, trying to create too long a menu,
it's possible for Windows to start having difficulties.

The lower-down menu items, with which you have your problem,
have to start "wrapping" to a new column a bit sooner.

From: Peter Granzeau on
On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 17:09:49 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>New angle:
>
>HOW MANY items normally appear in your "New Message To" menu?
>
>If there are too many items, trying to create too long a menu,
>it's possible for Windows to start having difficulties.
>
>The lower-down menu items, with which you have your problem,
>have to start "wrapping" to a new column a bit sooner.

I'd had 8 or 9 items in the list, as part of screwing around I deleted
them (by unticking "Recipient List") all, and I now have 5 or 6 (I had a
couple I didn't need). No joy.

The point is that there is no drop-down list for either "Forward To" or
"Redirect To" (just a little box with two dashes in it), while there is
such a drop-down list for "Forward To".
From: Steve Urbach on
The recipients file is a On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:22:53 -0500, Peter Granzeau
<pgranzeau(a)cox.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 17:09:49 -0600, "John H Meyers"
><jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
>
>>New angle:
>>
>>HOW MANY items normally appear in your "New Message To" menu?
>>
>>If there are too many items, trying to create too long a menu,
>>it's possible for Windows to start having difficulties.
>>
>>The lower-down menu items, with which you have your problem,
>>have to start "wrapping" to a new column a bit sooner.
>
>I'd had 8 or 9 items in the list, as part of screwing around I deleted
>them (by unticking "Recipient List") all, and I now have 5 or 6 (I had a
>couple I didn't need). No joy.
>
>The point is that there is no drop-down list for either "Forward To" or
>"Redirect To" (just a little box with two dashes in it), while there is
>such a drop-down list for "Forward To".
The Recipients file is a simple text file called: RCPdbase.txt
If you delete (take a peek for strangness with Notpad. Eudora Shutdown) that.
all you have to do is tick those names in your address book the "File Save"
From: Peter Granzeau on
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:01:51 -0800, Steve Urbach
<dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:

>The recipients file is a On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:22:53 -0500, Peter Granzeau
><pgranzeau(a)cox.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 17:09:49 -0600, "John H Meyers"
>><jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>New angle:
>>>
>>>HOW MANY items normally appear in your "New Message To" menu?
>>>
>>>If there are too many items, trying to create too long a menu,
>>>it's possible for Windows to start having difficulties.
>>>
>>>The lower-down menu items, with which you have your problem,
>>>have to start "wrapping" to a new column a bit sooner.
>>
>>I'd had 8 or 9 items in the list, as part of screwing around I deleted
>>them (by unticking "Recipient List") all, and I now have 5 or 6 (I had a
>>couple I didn't need). No joy.
>>
>>The point is that there is no drop-down list for either "Forward To" or
>>"Redirect To" (just a little box with two dashes in it), while there is
>>such a drop-down list for "Forward To".
>The Recipients file is a simple text file called: RCPdbase.txt
>If you delete (take a peek for strangness with Notpad. Eudora Shutdown) that.
>all you have to do is tick those names in your address book the "File Save"

I have that file, no strangeness. Those names are ticked in my address
book. The problem is that I have the dropdown list in "New Message To",
but not in "Forward To" or "Redirect To".