From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:26:26 -0600, Peter Granzeau wrote:

> I have that [recipient] file, no strangeness.
> Those names are ticked in my address book.
> The problem is that I have the dropdown list in "New Message To",
> but not in "Forward To" or "Redirect To"

I'm sure that Eudora always passes the same list to Windows,
for the purpose of making a menu appear,
using a standard windows function which is supposed to do that,
but what you describe sounds like a display glitch.

If a little piece of a menu does appear,
what happens if you try to select what ought to be
the first entry in the menu?

What happens if you first select "Forward"
(rather than "Forward To")
and then "Edit" > "Insert Recipient"?

If all else failed, "Auto-completion"
should still present matching nicknames,
when enabled for the address book.

From: Steve Urbach on
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:26:26 -0500, Peter Granzeau <pgranzeau(a)cox.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:01:51 -0800, Steve Urbach
><dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>The recipients file is a On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:22:53 -0500, Peter Granzeau
>><pgranzeau(a)cox.net> wrote:

>>>I'd had 8 or 9 items in the list, as part of screwing around I deleted
>>>them (by unticking "Recipient List") all, and I now have 5 or 6 (I had a
>>>couple I didn't need). No joy.
>>>
>>>The point is that there is no drop-down list for either "Forward To" or
>>>"Redirect To" (just a little box with two dashes in it), while there is
>>>such a drop-down list for "Forward To".
>>The Recipients file is a simple text file called: RCPdbase.txt
>>If you delete (take a peek for strangness with Notpad. Eudora Shutdown) that.
>>all you have to do is tick those names in your address book the "File Save"
>
>I have that file, no strangeness. Those names are ticked in my address
>book. The problem is that I have the dropdown list in "New Message To",
>but not in "Forward To" or "Redirect To".
Try changing Windows to a different (screen resolution)?
I have never had that problem and I currently run at 1680x1050 using a
Radeon 9550 card. (and I have run at some from 1024x768 up :) without odd
things happening)
YMMV with different drivers.
From: Peter Granzeau on
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:42:34 -0800, Steve Urbach
<dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:26:26 -0500, Peter Granzeau <pgranzeau(a)cox.net> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 18:01:51 -0800, Steve Urbach
>><dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>>The recipients file is a On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:22:53 -0500, Peter Granzeau

>>>The Recipients file is a simple text file called: RCPdbase.txt
>>>If you delete (take a peek for strangness with Notpad. Eudora Shutdown) that.
>>>all you have to do is tick those names in your address book the "File Save"
>>
>>I have that file, no strangeness. Those names are ticked in my address
>>book. The problem is that I have the dropdown list in "New Message To",
>>but not in "Forward To" or "Redirect To".
>Try changing Windows to a different (screen resolution)?
>I have never had that problem and I currently run at 1680x1050 using a
> Radeon 9550 card. (and I have run at some from 1024x768 up :) without odd
>things happening)
>YMMV with different drivers.

The trouble is that everything worked for three years with the exact
setup I have now (e.g., I have changed nothing).

Now, I did accidentally have McAfee spam protection enabled for a short
while, then turned it off again. It has left a trace of itself in that
it left "McAfee Anti-Spam" in between "Window" and "Help". I can't
figure out how to get rid of that, either.
From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:20:38 -0600, Peter Granzeau wrote:

> The trouble is that everything worked for three years
> with the exact setup I have now (e.g., I have changed nothing).

This appears to be a typical example of "famous last words" :)

> Now, I did accidentally have McAfee spam protection
> enabled for a short while...

And this is a typical example of
"oh, I didn't think to mention that..."

> then turned it off again. It has left a trace of itself in that
> it left "McAfee Anti-Spam" in between "Window" and "Help".
> I can't figure out how to get rid of that, either.

Oh, another small detail :)

Well, is there any chance that these two poltergeists,
one right next to the other, in the same area
(of Eudora, that is) might be related?

On Sunday, November 08, 2009 04:47:22 PM,
I wrote, in a previous post:

> What plugins are you using? (any with ".epi" extension?)

> What else changed, in the entire environment,
> at the time that this behavioral change first came up?

So let's ask again!

From: John H Meyers on
>> What plugins are you using? (any with ".epi" extension?)

Note that there are also plugins with ".dll" extension,
so let's not waste time saying "no, none of these"
and have to start another round of looking for the other ones :)