From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 23:04:30 -0500, Peter Granzeau wrote:

> I occasionally want to forward a message, and have some of the names in
> my addresses marked to appear in the "Forward To" list. I have lost
> this list when I click on "Forward To"; only a little box with a couple
> of dashes or underlines appears. The list of names still appears in my
> "New Message To" list, which tells me that something odd has happened.

Did it recover after restarting the computer?

Did you insert names into your "Recipient list" using the Address Book,
or by using "Special" | "Add as Recipient"?

In the latter case, the names are only in file "Rcpdbase.txt"
in your Eudora mail "Data" folder.

My "Rcpdbase.txt" file got wiped out many times,
right after toggling a "Recipient list" box in my Address Book,
which taught me to never use the latter feature at all
(one can instead simply highlight the nickname
and "Add as Recipient" -- delete using "Remove Recipient")

I also keep separate extra copies of "Rcpdbase.txt,"
which has saved me many a difficult reconstruction effort.

By the way, you can insert any single line of text at all
into your "Recipient" list -- some people use this
to insert very commonly used phrases, e.g.
"Consolidated Wrought Iron and Widget Works Ltd."
might be a pain to keep re-typing in one's letters,
while "Special" | "Insert Recipient" might make it easier.

From: Peter Granzeau on
On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 22:19:40 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 23:04:30 -0500, Peter Granzeau wrote:
>
>> I occasionally want to forward a message, and have some of the names in
>> my addresses marked to appear in the "Forward To" list. I have lost
>> this list when I click on "Forward To"; only a little box with a couple
>> of dashes or underlines appears. The list of names still appears in my
>> "New Message To" list, which tells me that something odd has happened.
>
>Did it recover after restarting the computer?

No.

>Did you insert names into your "Recipient list" using the Address Book,
>or by using "Special" | "Add as Recipient"?

I don't believe I have added anyone in some time. I generally add them
using the address book, rather than "Special" etc. Remember, I still
see them as recipients when I click "Forward to" or "Redirect to"; "New
Message to" still works.

>In the latter case, the names are only in file "Rcpdbase.txt"
>in your Eudora mail "Data" folder.
>
>My "Rcpdbase.txt" file got wiped out many times,
>right after toggling a "Recipient list" box in my Address Book,
>which taught me to never use the latter feature at all
>(one can instead simply highlight the nickname
>and "Add as Recipient" -- delete using "Remove Recipient")
>
>I also keep separate extra copies of "Rcpdbase.txt,"
>which has saved me many a difficult reconstruction effort.
>
>By the way, you can insert any single line of text at all
>into your "Recipient" list -- some people use this
>to insert very commonly used phrases, e.g.
>"Consolidated Wrought Iron and Widget Works Ltd."
>might be a pain to keep re-typing in one's letters,
>while "Special" | "Insert Recipient" might make it easier.

Nice to know, but my specific problem seems to be that "Forward to" and
"Redirect to" no longer work. This is not a highly used Address book,
and the problem could have happened weeks ago and I never noticed.
From: John H Meyers on
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:05:29 -0600, Peter Granzeau wrote:

> my specific problem seems to be that
> "Forward to" and "Redirect to" no longer work.
> This is not a highly used Address book,
> and the problem could have happened weeks ago and I never noticed.

You may close Eudora and delete the TOC file for each address book;
Eudora will re-construct these automatically.

This is NOT recommended as general hygiene for mailboxes,
because some message info exists only in their TOC,
but for address books, no information at all is lost;
indeed, some recovery may even occur.

From: Peter Granzeau on
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 15:30:52 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:05:29 -0600, Peter Granzeau wrote:
>
>> my specific problem seems to be that
>> "Forward to" and "Redirect to" no longer work.
>> This is not a highly used Address book,
>> and the problem could have happened weeks ago and I never noticed.
>
>You may close Eudora and delete the TOC file for each address book;
>Eudora will re-construct these automatically.
>
>This is NOT recommended as general hygiene for mailboxes,
>because some message info exists only in their TOC,
>but for address books, no information at all is lost;
>indeed, some recovery may even occur.

Alas! I erased all of the TOC files for the address book, but the
dropdown menus still do not appear for Forward To or Redirect To.

I wonder if this is something that happened with Eudora 7?
From: Steve Urbach on
On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 16:44:51 -0500, Peter Granzeau <pgranzeau(a)cox.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 15:30:52 -0600, "John H Meyers"
><jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 14:05:29 -0600, Peter Granzeau wrote:
>>
>>> my specific problem seems to be that
>>> "Forward to" and "Redirect to" no longer work.
>>> This is not a highly used Address book,
>>> and the problem could have happened weeks ago and I never noticed.
>>
>>You may close Eudora and delete the TOC file for each address book;
>>Eudora will re-construct these automatically.
>>
>>This is NOT recommended as general hygiene for mailboxes,
>>because some message info exists only in their TOC,
>>but for address books, no information at all is lost;
>>indeed, some recovery may even occur.
>
>Alas! I erased all of the TOC files for the address book, but the
>dropdown menus still do not appear for Forward To or Redirect To.
>
>I wonder if this is something that happened with Eudora 7?
In each (in the Address book) of those addresses you want to appear: Tic "Add
to Recipient List". File SAVE when done