From: Charlie on

"Jon Danniken" <jonSPAMMENOTdanniken(a)yahSPAMhoo.com> wrote in
message news:hv3blv$89k$1(a)speranza.aioe.org...
> CrackerJack wrote:
>>

>> Set FF back to it defaults.
>>
>> http://www.browserland.com/how-to/restore-firefox-default-settings-without-uninstalling-it/
>>
>> Do what Nigel said. If need be delete all bookmarks/favorites and
>> them back.Worst case try it on another PC. You will se FF does do
>> this.
>
> Tried that, didn't work. Then I uninstalled FF, dumped all of the
> folders (app data, program files), and rebooted the computer.
>
> Started it back up and reinstalled FF. Didn't import anything,
> but I went to google.com and saved it as a bookmark (named as "g
> oogle")
>
> Closed FF, opened it back up again, typed "g " in the address
> bar, and still no inline autocomplete. I get the drop-down list I
> have always gotten, but no inline autocomplete.

I have Firefox 3.5.9 and like you mine does "not" have inline auto
complete. At least not with WindowsXP sp2. Maybe the people who
have it are running a different OS.

Charlie

From: Jon Danniken on
Charlie wrote:

> I have Firefox 3.5.9 and like you mine does "not" have inline auto
> complete. At least not with WindowsXP sp2. Maybe the people who
> have it are running a different OS.

Aye, running WinXP Pro, Service Pack 3 here. Glad I'm not the only one (as
meanspirited as that sounds).

Thanks.

Jon

From: Peter on
In article <huqll4$ojc$1(a)speranza.aioe.org>,
jonSPAMMENOTdanniken(a)yahSPAMhoo.com says...
> shegeek72 wrote:
> > As much as I hate to say it, I may be switching from Firefox (v3.6.3)
> > to IE8.
>
> I'm still stuck using IE6.x until I can find a browser that does inline
> auto-complete from the address bar, using entries from the
> favorites/bookmarks folder/file.
>
> Jon

Actually Jon, IE8 does do this.

--
Pete Ives
From: Jon Danniken on
Peter wrote:
> Jon Danniken wrote:
>> I'm still stuck using IE6.x until I can find a browser that does
>> inline auto-complete from the address bar, using entries from the
>> favorites/bookmarks folder/file.
>>
>> Jon
>>

> Actually Jon, IE8 does do this.

Hmmm, everything I have read, from user postings to MSDN blogs tells me
otherwise.

You are currently using IAC - from the address bar - with IE8?

Jon

From: Peter on
In article <hv575q$lq6$1(a)speranza.aioe.org>,
jonSPAMMENOTdanniken(a)yahSPAMhoo.com says...
> Peter wrote:
> > Jon Danniken wrote:
> >> I'm still stuck using IE6.x until I can find a browser that does
> >> inline auto-complete from the address bar, using entries from the
> >> favorites/bookmarks folder/file.
> >>
> >> Jon
> >>

> > Actually Jon, IE8 does do this.
>
> Hmmm, everything I have read, from user postings to MSDN blogs tells me
> otherwise.
>
> You are currently using IAC - from the address bar - with IE8?
>
> Jon

It certainly does. From the address bar. Hadn't really paid it much
attention till now. Normally I'm just typing in a web url, which it
lists the first 6 at the top. However, below the urls it then has a
history heading, under which are the top 5 page titles, and under that
is the Favorites heading, under which are the top 4 matches for the
names under which they were saved to your Favorites.

If I start to type in a name that I know is in my Favorites (and there's
no match for basic urls or history), it only lists the matches for
Favorites.

--
Pete Ives