From: Mike Rosenberg on
GreenXenon <glucegen1x(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> What if I design and build this laptop myself?

Who's stopping you?

--
Mac and geek T-shirts & gifts <http://designsbymike.net/shop/mac.cgi>
Prius shirts/bumper stickers <http://designsbymike.net/shop/prius.cgi>

Make money while saving money <http://www.bign.com/mrosenberg>
From: GreenXenon on
On May 21, 5:55 pm, mikeP...(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com (Mike Rosenberg)
wrote:

> GreenXenon <glucege...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > What if I design and build this laptop myself?
>

> Who's stopping you?

I don't have enough money, knowledge or skill to build or design a
laptop.
From: GreenXenon on
On May 21, 6:06 pm, Michelle Steiner <miche...(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In article
> <a8cd7ab3-15fb-4ac5-96de-5a3e20a2c...(a)a27g2000prj.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  GreenXenon <glucege...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Possible - sure, It could be built today, except maybe the vaguely
> > > defined bit about the antenna.

> > What if I design and build this laptop myself?
>

> You could then demand and get a very high salary from Apple, Dell, HP,
> Sony, etc.

Yeah, but my plan is to keep the laptop for myself.
From: Mike Rosenberg on
GreenXenon <glucegen1x(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What if I design and build this laptop myself?
>
> > Who's stopping you?
>
> I don't have enough money, knowledge or skill to build or design a
> laptop.

Then I don't understand why you asked your previous question.

As is true of ANYTHING, you either have to buy one or make one yourself.
To buy one, it has to exist and be at a price you're able and willing to
pay. To make one yourself, you have to know how to and by willing and
able to pay what it takes, and that includes your time.

So, getting back to why a laptop that exclusively fits YOUR
specifications, is it really THAT hard to understand why one would be
expensive, especially since you're including parts you know don't
actually exist?

From: Roger on
In article <1jivxpm.16bjxw41jivu64N%mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com>,
mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

> GreenXenon <glucegen1x(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> As is true of ANYTHING, you either have to buy one or make one yourself.

Well, you could find one, be given one...barter? ok carry on....

Rog :D