From: kbgrunt on
per McAfee: in Outlook 2003 -> Tools -> Options -> Other tab-> Advanced ->
Manage Add-ins, Uncheck Exchange Scan. This worked for several people
hear.

From: J.Michelle.Graham on
On Feb 13, 5:05 pm, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> psychomom <psycho...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I too am having the same issue.  This is something that just began
> > occurring in the last couple of days.  Could it be something related
> > to a McAfee update?
>
> That's what I'd suspect.  If you can access update history for McAfee, see
> if it updated around the time you started having problems.  Of course, if
> you uninstall it, then reinstall without the mail scanning feature, updates
> will never be a problem.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=614882&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=24110902&stateId=1%200%2024106844
This is a known issue with mcafee. You will have to disable exchnage
scan until they come out with a hot fix
You should follow the 2nd work around.