From: Yousuf Khan on
Bob I wrote:
> A general description of IRQ sharing in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314068

Yes, this is one of the articles I read that basically said that ACPI
doesn't allow you to change IRQ settings. But I'm trying to find out if
somebody knows of a utility that will allow you to manipulate the ACPI
assignment tables.

Yousuf Khan
From: Yousuf Khan on
neil wrote:
> If I were you I would carry out an inplace upgrade (repair install) then use
> the motherboard driver disk to install the chipset drivers.
>
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978788

Yeah, it looks like that's the only solution for XP. However, now I'm in
the process of upgrading some machines on my network to Windows 7, and
it looks like this odd behaviour of XP's is gone. There's hardly any
shared IRQ's in Windows 7, and there are hundreds of IRQ's available to
it too.

Yousuf Khan