From: Volker Lendecke on
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 01:25:56PM -0800, RuiDC wrote:
> have the Samba developers got any ARM hardware to develop against?
> As i'm now led to believe this may be a general problem with samba on
> FreeBSD on ARM:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2009-December/002104.html

Kai Blin has something I believe. But I doubt he runs
FreeBSD.

Volker

Volker Lendecke wrote:

> has something I believe. But I doubt he runs FreeBSD.

Shame, thanks for helping thus far, maybe someone will pick up the baton on
this one day.

RuiDC
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 01:44:56PM -0800, RuiDC wrote:
> > has something I believe. But I doubt he runs FreeBSD.
>
> Shame, thanks for helping thus far, maybe someone will pick up the baton on
> this one day.

A quick try on the box revealed: You have to configure with
--enable-pie=no.

Not sure how to put that into the standard FreeBSD ports
build though.

Volker