From: mouligreenlaw on
Hi
Many thanks for all your comments. It is as i thought but I still think this
is an area that could be improved because I believe that graphic designers
should be able to swop files with webdesigners using fireworks without
learning new software , particularly as they are both adobe products now.
Pdf is probably the way to go but fireworks doen't import pdf unless its the
mac version. Why is this? If mac fireworks can import pdf, how hard is it to
make windows fireworks capable of the same trick?
We can do it via eps but we get strange anti alias type effects on sharp edges
and thin lines and our theory is that its because Indesign doesn't think in
terms of pixels so if a line is positioned such that it overlaps pixels, the
edge gets anti aliased and appears fuzzy.
Thanks for your intereset in this topic.
It looks like we will be developing workarounds for a while. Our web designer
is learning Indesign, so now I need to get our graphic designer working with
fireworks. lol.

From: Deaf Web Designer on
If you think imported PDF files into Fireworks 8 shouldn't be a problem
especially on Windows, perhaps that you want to make a comment and a suggestion
to a wishlist through official link to Fireworks engineers directly.

Again, please try to understand that Fireworks 8 is specifically designed for
web medium, not print medium. That is to say, Fireworks understand specific web
image files format such as .JPG, .GIF, and .PNG files. As well as native
Fireworks file format PNG (as I understand that there are two different kind of
PNG fomats for Fireworks and other PNG format for web medium). To produce a web
PNG format, you need to export it that way.

Hope that helps to clear up a bit.

Cheers, Brian (DWD)

[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]mouligreenlaw[/b][/b][/i]
[...]
[/q]

From: Deaf Web Designer on
I realized I have failed to include a link to Adobe Feature Request/Bug report.

The link is:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Hope that helps.
From: cricketbow on
Do you not have Photoshop?
From: mouligreenlaw on
Hi
Yes we do have photoshop but it seems like an work around rather than a fix.
I guess my question now is why can fireworks in Mac import pdf whereas
fireworks in windows cant?

many thanks

mouli

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Optimize colors fails on color blends
Next: internal error