From: Thomas Unger on
mouligreenlaw;
Isn't pdf support integrated into the os on mac? Afaik Adobe has blocked
similar support in windows... -Tom Unger

From: thomasbricker on
[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]cricketbow[/b][/b][/i]
You should use Photoshop as an in-between. Open the pdf in Photoshop then save
it however you want to open in Fireworks.
I don't know why anyone would want to design a web site in InDesign (or Quark
Xpress for that matter). That was not what they were made for, regardless of
their abilities to export into html or GoLive packages.
They should be using Photoshop for all their web design. Or even
Illustrator.[/q]

:frown;

From: Deaf Web Designer on
Hi Thomas,

Have you consider to make a suggestion or feedback on your thought about
things you mentioned. I am pretty sure that Adobe software engineers would jot
that down under consideration. It is probably that some of your idea or
suggestion or feedback might be too late for CS3 currently under development.

Go ahead and make some feedbacks on Illustrator, InDesign and Fireworks
feedback. Perhaps that you might want to send other feedback once you have CS3
apps on your machine. You might want to test-drive some of these apps where you
see fit and match right into your enviornment or design/workflow requirement.
Based on your experience working CS3 apps, once they are released in retail
market sometime in middle of April (I can't remember when is that would be for,
though). I believe once the CS3 products released, then it is available for you
or other people in general public to try and test drive. If there are things
that you don't like, make a comment or feedback.

I am no software engineer, but I can imagine how difficult to develop or code
program to make it work. In other words, I believe that feedback and suggestion
through official feedback venue works best in my humble opinion.

Hope that helps, Brian.

[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]thomasbricker[/b][/b][/i]
[Q][I]Originally posted by: [B][B]cricketbow[/B][/B][/I]
You should use Photoshop as an in-between. Open the pdf in Photoshop then save
it however you want to open in Fireworks.
I don't know why anyone would want to design a web site in InDesign (or Quark
Xpress for that matter). That was not what they were made for, regardless of
their abilities to export into html or GoLive packages.
They should be using Photoshop for all their web design. Or even
Illustrator.[/Q]

:frown;

The reason why anyone would want to use InDesign to layout a web page is
because InDesign is the best app out there for laying out anything!
It is fast, intuitive and elegant to use for the design process.
Illustrator is bloated and slow by comparison.
Most print designers dont know Fireworks.
As for Quark, dont get me started. We gave up on that app back in the OS9 days.

I truely wish that the path from InDesign to web layout was as easy as from
Illustrator.
I can only pray that in the CS3 iterations some progress has been made.
Please oh please Adobe, make the move...[/q]