From: Roy N. on
Hey everyone,

Please read my original post on this thread and them make your suggestions.
I've already tried most of the recommendations here with no success.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative, but if you look at the steps I've
already taken you'll be better able to help me.

Thank you!!!

From: Dave Seaman on
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:54:44 -0800, Roy N. wrote:
> Hey everyone,

> Please read my original post on this thread and them make your suggestions.
> I've already tried most of the recommendations here with no success.

> I don't mean to sound unappreciative, but if you look at the steps I've
> already taken you'll be better able to help me.

The first several things you mentioned in that post are things you
shouldn't be trying to do in the first place.

Is there some reason you can't just upgrade to 10.3?

For that matter, you should be able to insert your 10.1 installation disk
and bring up Disk Utility to do a "repair permissions".

From: Roy N. on

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:54:44 -0800, Roy N. wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
>
> > Please read my original post on this thread and them make your
suggestions.
> > I've already tried most of the recommendations here with no success.
>
> > I don't mean to sound unappreciative, but if you look at the steps I've
> > already taken you'll be better able to help me.
>

> The first several things you mentioned in that post are things you
> shouldn't be trying to do in the first place.
>
> Is there some reason you can't just upgrade to 10.3?

I've tried to upgrade to 10.2 but the installer won't run. I'm guessing it's
because the permissions are messed up.

> For that matter, you should be able to insert your 10.1 installation disk
> and bring up Disk Utility to do a "repair permissions".

I don't think the version of Disk Utility in 10.1 has the 'repair
premissions' option.

From: Dave Seaman on
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 00:18:34 -0800, Roy N. wrote:

> I've tried to upgrade to 10.2 but the installer won't run. I'm guessing it's
> because the permissions are messed up.

If the 10.2 installation disk won't boot, you have something else wrong
with your setup than just permissions on a volume that isn't even being
booted from.

From: Mike Rosenberg on
Dave Seaman <dseaman(a)no.such.host> wrote:

> For that matter, you should be able to insert your 10.1 installation disk
> and bring up Disk Utility to do a "repair permissions".

IIRC, that wasn't available until 10.2.

--
Mike Rosenberg
Toyota Prius fans: Check out alt.autos.toyota.prius