From: Pat Conover on
Hi All,

Posted back on 6/23/10 about returning my nephews Inspiron 1525 for repair
after he dropped it pretty badly, breaking the back hinge and screen
surround. Called for repair the night of 6/23/10, Dell sent a box via FedEx
to my home on 6/25/10 and I shipped it the same day FedEx ground. Arrived
at repair depot last week, and delivered back this afternoon 6/6/10.
Overall, 11-day turnaround once I shipped it out. Pretty good if you ask
me. Yep, I am now an Official Dell Bot.

They replaced all the missing screws from the back of the machine, but the
new ones look like they are marine corroded or like galvanized hot dipped
decking nails. Not shiny black anodized like all the rest. At least they
replaced them, as I asked. The also replaced the LCD surround, and bezel,
and a "MLB". What's an MLB? Overall, he and I were very impressed with the
quick turnaround. Thanks, Pat

From: someone on

MLB Main Logic Board

From: Ben Myers on
On 7/7/2010 11:33 AM, someone(a)somewhere.com wrote:

> MLB Main Logic Board
>
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:19:24 -0400, "Pat Conover"<public(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Posted back on 6/23/10 about returning my nephews Inspiron 1525 for repair
>> after he dropped it pretty badly, breaking the back hinge and screen
>> surround. Called for repair the night of 6/23/10, Dell sent a box via FedEx
>> to my home on 6/25/10 and I shipped it the same day FedEx ground. Arrived
>> at repair depot last week, and delivered back this afternoon 6/6/10.
>> Overall, 11-day turnaround once I shipped it out. Pretty good if you ask
>> me. Yep, I am now an Official Dell Bot.
>>
>> They replaced all the missing screws from the back of the machine, but the
>> new ones look like they are marine corroded or like galvanized hot dipped
>> decking nails. Not shiny black anodized like all the rest. At least they
>> replaced them, as I asked. The also replaced the LCD surround, and bezel,
>> and a "MLB". What's an MLB? Overall, he and I were very impressed with the
>> quick turnaround. Thanks, Pat

Major League Baseball? ... Ben Myers
From: Pat Conover on
"Ben Myers" <ben_myers(a)charter.net> wrote in message
> On 7/7/2010 11:33 AM, someone(a)somewhere.com wrote:
>>
>> MLB Main Logic Board
>>
>> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:19:24 -0400, "Pat Conover"<public(a)comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Posted back on 6/23/10 about returning my nephews Inspiron 1525 for
>>> repair
>>> after he dropped it pretty badly, breaking the back hinge and screen
>>> surround. Called for repair the night of 6/23/10, Dell sent a box via
>>> FedEx
>>> to my home on 6/25/10 and I shipped it the same day FedEx ground.
>>> Arrived
>>> at repair depot last week, and delivered back this afternoon 6/6/10.
>>> Overall, 11-day turnaround once I shipped it out. Pretty good if you
>>> ask
>>> me. Yep, I am now an Official Dell Bot.
>>>
>>> They replaced all the missing screws from the back of the machine, but
>>> the
>>> new ones look like they are marine corroded or like galvanized hot
>>> dipped
>>> decking nails. Not shiny black anodized like all the rest. At least
>>> they
>>> replaced them, as I asked. The also replaced the LCD surround, and
>>> bezel,
>>> and a "MLB". What's an MLB? Overall, he and I were very impressed with
>>> the
>>> quick turnaround. Thanks, Pat
>>>

> Major League Baseball? ... Ben Myers

MLB Main Logic Board, Yikes! I like Ben's better. Laptop worked when
shipped, and booted right up when I put the HD and battery back in. So I
doubt it was the Main Logic Board. Pat

From: Christopher Muto on
Pat Conover wrote:
> "Ben Myers" <ben_myers(a)charter.net> wrote in message
>> On 7/7/2010 11:33 AM, someone(a)somewhere.com wrote:
>>> MLB Main Logic Board

>> Major League Baseball? ... Ben Myers
>
> MLB Main Logic Board, Yikes! I like Ben's better. Laptop worked when
> shipped, and booted right up when I put the HD and battery back in. So I
> doubt it was the Main Logic Board. Pat

you did say the thing was dropped.... and dell might have replaced the
motherboard if the power jack or anything else was suspect. you can
check pretty easily if you know the mac address of the network card in
the old board or if you look in the bios and check the service tag
number (they never seem to update the service tag on replacement board
to match the original service tag number). but then again dell did sell
some laptops with major league basball logos on the lid... perhaps
your laptop was one with those logos?
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Would You Buy Refurbished Memory?